Sunday, April 1, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (69-60)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167
166-152
151-136
135-121
120-110
109-101
100-90
89-80
79-70


69 - King for a Day - Green Day

Started at the age of 4.  My mother went to the grocery store.  Went sneaking through her bedroom door to find something in a size 4.

Sugar and spice and everything nice wasn't made for only girls.  G.I. Joe in panty hose is making room for the one and only king for a day, princess by dawn.  King for a day in a leather thong.  King for a day, princess by dawn.  Just wait 'til all the guys get a load of me.

My daddy threw me in therapy.  He think I'm not a real man.  Who put the drag in the drag queen?  Don't knock it until you tried it.

68 - That Girl - All Time Low

What am I supposed to do, oh oh, when she's so damn cold like twenty below?  That girl, that girl, she's such a bitch, but I tell myself I can handle it.

She's got me hooked on it like cocaine.  She's so numb, this Novocaine.

Said "No, kid, not tonight.  You're not that good and I'm not that type."  She's beautiful, but she's cold as ice and that keeps me hanging on.

That girl, she's such a trick but I can't lie, I'm in love with it.

I play her song, she plays the field.

Left me on the street in the middle of winter.  My frostbite heart says "Try to forget her."  Miss that kiss, but I'll always remember that girl.

Said "No, kid, not tonight.  You're not that cool; no you're not my type."

67 - Growing Old - Parade the Day

The light from the east coast off your eyes scream "Please, don't go" 'cause I can't do this alone.  And tonight, as I leave notes on the side of your bed post, they all show signs of hope and you say.

Sing to me slowly the words that you wrote me.  Each line racing through your mind.  Will you wait for me, after I fall asleep?

Let's live in this day, I know you're dying to say it.  Let's just live in this moment and pretend like we own it.  We will all grow older, but with you here, I'll die slower.

Let's toast tot he great unknown, fingerprints mark where we grew old.  As I write to you knowing these notes won't find where we're going.

66 - Phone Call - Forever the Sickest Kids

I'm just a fool for you and I think I'm going crazy.  I can't control myself or contain my thoughts.  It's eating me up inside.  Now I see everything a little more clearly.  The bad outweighs the good things.  Was this ever a good thing, for me?

You're just a phone call away.  Every day you seem further away.  I do my best to put my pride aside and apologize, cut myself down a notch.  And I know I said some things that hurt.  Took ninety seven missed calls to finally get over you.

Was too wrapped up in her to be working like that.  Soon, you'll see that everything will work out for me.  So keep your promises you promised me.

You're taking me places I've never been.  You're feeling me out and I'm filling you in.  What's more important, saving yourself or letting me in?

65 - Better Off This Way - A Day to Remember

I wonder if you'll notice if they lock me up and throw away the key.  Try to be open-minded, you've got a lot to learn in the ways of me.  You've always got to say something.  I'm none of your concern, but you won't listen at all.  You know I'd rather say nothing and just be proud of myself for tearing down these walls.

When you fall, I'll be the only one who looks away.  When you call, I'll be the first to tell you I can't stay.  It's all over, I've found a better way to help keep you from me.  I'm better off this way.

My whole life's been waiting ever since I can remember.  Been anxious awaiting your fall and God let it be a long while.  Can't let go of my life 'till I know you're done.

You want it, you've got it.  You've always been such a waste of time.

A friend of yours is no friend of mine.

When will you act your age?

You're the reason things have to change.

64 - Alive With the Glory of Love - Say Anything

When I watch you, I wanna do you, right where you're standing.

I won't let you down.

Hell no no, oh no, I won't let them take you.

Ms. Black Eyeliner, you'd look finer with each day in hiding.

They won't hear us screw away the day.

Alive with love, alive with love tonight.

I'll dream about you, I will not doubt you with the passing of time.

63 - Dumpweed - Blink-182

It's understood, I said it many ways.  Too scared to run, I'm just scared to stay.  I said I'd leave, I can never leave her.  If I did, you know I'd never cheat her.  But this I ask, it's what I want to know.  How would you feel, if I should choose to go?  Another guy, you think it'd be unlikely.  Another guy, you think he'd want to fight me.

She's a dove, she's a fuckin' nightmare.  Unpredictable, it's my mistake to stay here.  On the go and it's way too late to play.  I need a girl that I can train.

I heard it once, I'm sure I heard it twice.  My dad used to give me all of his advice.  he would say you gotta turn your back and run now, come on, son, you haven't got a chance now.

62 - Every Band in the USA - The Fold

I hopped in the van at 6 AM with a dream and my closest friends.  Welcome to the land of the skinny jeans.  Then the fifteen passenger van, I'm pulling up to a brand new city.  I meet a kid in a purple deep V, he said he used to listen to me.  Everybody seems so creepy.  Step out the van and I'm feelin' kinda homesick.  Too much fluorescent and I'm nervous.  When the first band takes the stage, wearin' super shoes and some fresh tattoos and everything was autotune.

I put my pants on, they're a little too tight, but I think it's gonna be okay.  I'm noddin' my head, like yeah.  I'm tapping my toes, like yeah.  It's not a bad song, but the track's too loud and the drummer doesn't really play.  Yeah, it's every band in the USA.

We hop on the stage at 9 PM and turn our amps up loud.  They're like "Who's this man playing guitar riffs, they gotta be from out of town?"  I'm singing loud but the crowd's talking over me.  This definitely ain't a Chi-town partty, 'cause everybody's wearing neon, looking for somebody to creep on.  We huddle up and figure out a cover we can play, I rip a fart 'cause I'm nervous.  Then I turn to the crowd and ask if they wanna hear a Miley Cyrus song.  A Miley Cyrus song, everybody sang along.

I put my hands up, we're playing that song.  The butterflies fly away, I'm moving my hips, like yeah.  I put my hands up, they're playing my song and I know it's gonna be okay.  Yeah, it's a party in the USA.

Glamour Kills won't sponsor us, so All Time Low won't tour with us.  But something keeps us on that stage, a Miley Cyrus cover is all the rage.

I'm banging my head, like yeah.  I'm playing metal beats, like yeah.

61 - It's Complicated - A Day to Remember

Here we go again, another night of being bummed.  I keep to myself, avoid society, and cancel plans with everyone.  I know 'cause it's just how it always ends.  Our bond will break 'cause you can't relate to anyone, to anything at all.  You've brought your worst and I'm right here.  Now I've seen it all and it's never been so clear.

You're not the person that I knew back then.  It's all too late to set things straight 'cause everything has been.  You're not the person that I knew back then.  Let's try and act like this didn't happen, follow your friends like you ever had them.

You still know me.  Still not cut out for this sort of thing.  Never want to be caught in between, I need constant reminders of everything.  So what, it's who I am, but I think I played it off so well.  I just hold it in, no matter how I've been, so nobody, nobody can tell.

I won't sleep 'till the break of dawn.  I can't let our problems find me here, so everybody come on.

60 - Shiksa (Girlfriend) - Say Anything

I have a girlfriend now.  No way, no how.  I get a girlfriend now.

I remember it vividly, love.  I've been walking erect since the moment we met and I caught your eye, to my surprise.

Even if your friends don't understand.  No matter what I'll always be your man.  Even if you go, you know you'll leave me feeling grand.

Even if you suck me 'till I'm sore, no matter what I'd bleed to be your whore.  Even if the cancer grows 'till we explode, I'm yours.

From here on forth, I'm yours.

Even if your whisper eats my ear, your voice shall be the only song I long to hear.

We'll still be here.

I need your love, I need your touch, I'm yours.

She's my girlfriend now.

No comments:

Post a Comment