Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (29-20)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167
166-152
151-136
135-121
120-110
109-101
100-90
89-80
79-70
69-60
59-50
49-40
39-30


29 - No Reason - Sum 41

All of us believe that this is not up to you.  The fact of the matter is that it's up to me.

How can we fake this anymore?  Turn our backs away and choose to just ignore.  Some say it's ignorance, it makes me feel some innocence.  It takes away a part of me, but I won't let go.

Tell me why can't you see it's not the way.  When we all fall down, it will be too late.  Why is there no reason we can't change?  When we all fall down, who will take the blame?  What will it take?

Nothing could ever be this real.  A life unsatisfied that I could never feel.  The future's not so bright, some can't make the sacrifice.  It's much more than just black and white and I won't follow.

Times like these I've come to see how everthing but time is running out.

All of us believe in what we need.  what we have is what we don't see.

How long has this gone on?  I don't see this ending.

It's too late, we can't change, what has now begun?

We act like it's not right, why are we pretending?

We've been wrong for so long.

We've known this all along.

28 - Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass - All Time Low

They told me I was lucky to have my chance with you.  Now last year's summer romance is this year's winter blues.  I treated you so nicely to jewelry and champagne.  But you left me empty handed, yeah, you left me feeling played.

I hope you're happy with yourself, 'cause I'm not laughing.  Don't you think it's kind of crappy what you did this holiday?  When I gave you my heart, you ripped it apart like wrapping paper trash.  So I wrote you a song, hope that you sing along and it goes "Merry Christmas, kiss my ass."

They say I'm losing my mind.  I though that for a while.  I teared down decorations, they remind me of your smile.  I hate that mistletoe, it makes me think of our first kiss.  You bit my lip, you pulled me close, then you taught me how to quit.

So sick of calling, you won't telephone me.  No, fuck you, girl I'm going out.  I gave you my all, but our love hit a wall.

Don't you think it's so damn trashy what you did this holiday?

Merry Christmas, bitch, kiss my ass.

27 - You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - The Offspring

Show me how to lie, you're getting better all the time.

Dance, fucker, dance, man, he never had a chance.  And no one even knew, it was really only you.  And now you steal away, take him out today.  Nice work you did, you're gonna go far, kid.  With a thousand lies and a good disguise.  Hit 'em right between the eyes, hit 'em right between the eyes.  When you walk away, nothing more to say.  See the lightning in your eyes, see 'em running for their lives.

Slowly outta line and drifting closer in your sights.  So play it out, I'm wide awake, it's a scene about me.  There's something in your way and now someone is gonna pay.  And if you can't get what you want, well, it's all because of me.

Now you'll lead the way, show the light of day.  Nice work you did, you're gonna go far, kid.  Trust deceived.

26 - My Friend's Over You - New Found Glory

I'm drunk off your kiss, for another night in a row.  This is becoming too routine for me, but I didn't mean to lead you on and it's alright to pretend that we still talk.  It's just for show, isn't it?  It's my fault that it fell apart.

Just maybe, you need this.  And I didn't mean to lead you on.

You were everything I wanted, but I just can't finish what I started.  There's no room left here on my back, it was damaged long ago.  Thought you swear that you are true, I'd still pick my friends of you.  My friend's over you.

Please tell me everything that you think I shoud know about all the plans you made, when I was nowhere to be found.  And it's alright to forget that we still talk.

25 - Jasey Rae - All Time Low

Lights out, I still hear the rain.  These images that fill my head now keep my fingers from making mistakes.  Tell my voice what it takes to speak up, speak up and keep my conscience clean when I wake.

Don't make this easy, I want you to mean it.

I'm calling you out, don't waste your time on me.

There's an aching in my back, a stabbing pain that says I lack the common sense and confidence to bring an end to promises that I make in times of desperate conversation.  Hoping my night could be better than this in the end, just say when.

I've never told a lie and that makes me a liar.  I've never made a bet, but we gamble in desire.  I've never lit a match with intent to start a fire, but recently the flames are getting out of control.  Call me a name, kill me with words.  Forget about me, it's what I deserve.  I was your chance to get out of this town, but I ditched the car and left you to wait outside.  I hope the air will serve to remind you that my heart is as cold as the clouds of your breath.  And my words are as times as the beating in my chest.

24 - Cute Without the 'E' (Cut From the Team) - Taking Back Sunday

Your lipstick, his collar, don't bother, angel.  I know exactly what goes on.

When everything you'll get is everything that you've wanted, princess, well which would you prefer?  My finger on the trigger or me face down, down across your floor.

Well just so long as this thing's loaded.

Will you tell all your friends, you've got your gun to my head?  This all was only wishful thinking.

Don't bother trying to explain, angel, I know exactly what goes on when you're on and how about I'm outside of your window?  Watching him keep the details covered, you're such a sucker for a sweet talker.

The only thing that I regret is that I, I never let you hold me back.

Hoping for the best, just hoping nothing happens.  A thousand clever lines unread on clever napkins.  I will never ask if you don't even tell me.  I know you well enough to know you never loved me.

Why can't I feel anything from anyone other than you?

All of this was all your fault.

I stay wrecked and jealous for this, for this simple reason.  I just need to keep you in mind as something larger than life.  She'll destroy us all before she's through and find a way to blame somebody else.

23 - What Went Wrong - Blink-182

I'm sick of always hearing all the sad songs on the radio.  All day it is there to remind an over-sensitive guy that he's lost and alone, yeah.  I hate our favorite restaurant, favorite movie, our favorite show.  We would stay up through the night.

I can't forgive, can't forget.  Can't give in, what went wrong?  'Cause you said this was right.  You fucked up my life.

I'm sick of always hearing sappy love songs on the radio.  This place is fucking cursed in its plague and I can never escape when my heart, it explodes.

I'm kicking out fiercely at the world around me.

22 - No, It Isn't - (+44)

Please understand, this isn't just goodbye, this is I can't stand you.  This is where the road crashed into the ocean, it rises all around me.  And now we're barely breathing, a thousand faces we'll choose to ignore.

Curse my enemies forever, let's slit our wrists and burn down something beautiful.  This desperation leaves me overjoyed, with fading lights that lead us past the lives that we destroy.

I listen to you cry, a cry for less attention, but both my hands are tied and I'm pushed into the deep end.  I listen to you talk, but talk is cheap.  And my mouth is filled with blood from trying not to speak.  So search for an excuse and someone to believe you.

I'm dead from bad intentions.  Suffocated and embalmed, and now all our dreams are cashed in.  You swore you wouldn't lose, then you lost your brain.  You make a sound that feels like pain.

21 - Flavor of the Weak - American Hi-Fi

She paints her nails and she don't know, he's got her best friend on the phone.  She'll wash her hair, his dirty clothes are all he gives to her.  And he's got posters on the wall of all the girls he wished she was.  And he means everything to her.

Her boyfriend, he don't know anything about her.  He's too stoned, Nintendo.  I wish that I could make her see.  She's just the flavor of the week.

It's Friday night and she's all alone.  He's a million miles away, she's dressed to kill, but the TV's on.  He's connected to the sound and he's got pictures on the wall of all the girls he's loved before.  And she nows all his favorite songs.

She's the flavor of the week, but she makes me weak.

20 - After Midnight - Blink-182

I can't get my feet up off the edge.  I kind of like the little rush you get when you're standing close to death, like when you're driving me crazy.  Hold on as we crash into the earth.  A bit of pain will help you suffer when you're hurt, for real, 'cause you are driving me crazy.

Bite your lips, your words are robbery.  Do you grin inside?  You're killing me.  All along we talked of forever, I kind of think that we won't get better.  It's the longest stop, but the end's not too far away.  Did you know?  I'm here to stay.  We'll stagger home after midnight, sleep arm-in-arm in the stairwell.  We'll fall apart on the weekend.  These nights go on and on and on.

I can't keep your voice out of my head, all I hear are the many echoes of the darkest words you said, and it's driving me crazy.  I can't find the best in all of this, but I'm always looking out for you.  'Cause you're the one I miss, and it's driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment