Saturday, March 31, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (79-70)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167
166-152
151-136
135-121
120-110
109-101
100-90
89-80


79 - I'm Ready - Jack's Mannequin

Today was a day just like any other.

I'm on the verge, unraveling with every word.  With every word you say, make me believe that I won't feel your tires on the street.  As I'm finding the words, you're getting away.  I come undone, oh yes I do, just to think of all the thoughts wasted on you.  And every word you say, say something sweet.  'Cause all I taste is blood between my teeth.

I'm ready, I'm ready to drop.  Oh, I'm ready, I'm ready so don't stop, I'm ready so don't stop.  Keep pushing, I'm ready to fall, oh, I'm ready.  I'm ready so don't call.

I am aware I've been misled.  I disconnect my heart, my head.  Don't wanna recognize when things go bad.  The things that you'll accept, except that I am finding the words to say.

My life has become a boring pop song and everyone's singing along.

78 - Jude Law & a Semester Abroad - Brand New

Whatever poison's in this bottle will leave me broken, sore, and stiff.  But it's the genie at the bottom who I'm sucking at, he owes me one last wish.  So here's a present to let you know I still exist.  I hope the next boy that you kiss has something terribly contagious on his lips.  But I got a plan.  Drink for forty days and forty nights.  A sip for every second-hand tick and for every time you fed me the line "You mean so much to me."  I'm without you.

Tell all the English boys you meet, about the American boy back in the States.  The American boy you used to date, who would do anything you say.

Even if her plane crashes tonight, she'll find some way to disappoint me by not burning in the wreckage, or drowning at the bottom of the sea.

I still taste you, thus reserve my right to hate you.  And all this empty space that you create does nothing for my flawless sense of style.

I hope it rains there all the time.  And if you ever said you miss me then don't say you never lied.

Never gonna get it right, you're never gonna get it.

No more songs about you, after this one, I'm done.  You are, you are, you're gone.

77 - Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's

Hey there, Delilah, what's it like in New York City?  I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do.  Times Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true.  Hey there, Delilah, don't you worry about the distance, I'm right there if you get lonely, give this song another listen.  Close your eyes, listen to my voice it's my disguise, I'm by your side.

It's what you do to me.

We'll have the life we knew we would.  My word is good.

I've got so much left to say.  If every simple song I wrote to you would take your breath away, I'd write it all.  Even more in love with me you'd fall, we'd have it all.

A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they've got planes and trains and cars.  I'd walk to you if I had no other way.  Our friends would all make fun of us and we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way.  Delilah, I can promise you that by the time we get through, the world will never ever be the same.  And you're to blame.

You'll know it's all because of you.  We can do whatever we want to.  Hey there, Delilah, here's to you.  This one's for you.

76 - I Swear This Time I Mean It - Mayday Parade

Don't disturb this love of mine, look how she's so serene, you've gotta help me out.  And count the stars to form the lines, and find the words we'll sing in time.  I'ts my one wish, I won't forget this.  I'm outdated, overrated.  Morning seems so far away.

I'll sing a melody and hope to God she's listening, sleeping softly while I sing.  And I'll be your memories.  Your lullaby for all the times, hoping that my voice could get it right.

If luck is on my side tonight, my clumsy tongue will make it right.  And wrists that touch, it isn't much, but it's enough.  To form imaginary lines, forget your scars, we'll forget mine.  The hours change so fast, oh God, please make this last.

You could crush me.  Please don't crush me, 'cause, baby, I'm a dreamer, for sure.  And I won't let you down.  I swear this time I mean it.

75 -  Stockholm Syndrome - Blink-182

This is the first thing I remember.  Now it's the last thing on my mind.  Afraid of the dark, do you hear me whisper?  An empty heart replaced with paranoia.  Where do we go, life's temporary, after we're done like New Year's resolutions?  Why is this hard?  Do you recognize me?  I know I'm wrong, but I can't help believing.

I'm so lost, I'm barely here.  I wish I could explain myself, but words escape me.  It's too late to save me.  You're too late.

You're cold with disappointment, while I'm drowning in the next room.  The last contagious victim of this plague between us.  I'm sick with apprehension, I'm crippled from exhaustion and I dread the moment when you finally come to kill me.

74 - Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off - Panic! At the Disco

Is it still me that makes you sweat?  Am I who you think about in bed when the lights are dim and your hands are shaking as you're sliding off your dress?  Then think of what you did and how I hope to God he was worth it.  When the lights are dim and your heart is racing as your fingers touch his skin.  I've got more wit, a better kiss, a hotter touch, a better fuck than any boy you'll ever meet, sweetie you had me.  Girl I was it, look past the sweat, a better love deserving of exchanging body heat in the passenger seat.  No, no, no, you know it will always just be me.

Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close?

I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman, swing the focus.  In case I lost my train of thought, where was it that we last left off?  Let's pick up.

I do recall we were just getting to the part where the shock sets in and the stomach acid finds a new way to make you get sick.  I hope you didn't expect that you'd get all of the attention, now let's not get selfish.  Did you really think I'd let you kill this chorus?

73 - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects

Let me know that I've doen wrong, when I've known this all along. I go around a time or two, just to waste my time with you.  Tell me all that you've thrown away.  Find out games you don't wanna play.  You are the only one that needs to know.

I'll keep you my dirty little secret.  Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret.

Who has to know, when we live such fragile lives?  It's the best way we survive.

The way she feels inside.  Those thoughts I can't deny.  These sleeping dogs won't lie.  And now I try to lie, it's eating me apart.  Trace this life back.

72 - No Soul - Say Anything

There's something in the way you people smell, like you've got no soul at all.

Is your schedule sufficient tonight, you toad?  Hop another bar until the rooster crows.

This song belongs to you and all your crew.  This curse will sting the worst as it shall mark you.

I'd rather spend an evening giving birth than see how your eyes are glued on everyone but the person you're talking to.  And trapped between babushkas on a plane is a fraction of how lame it is to watch you pump the poison through your veins.

You'd probably think this means I give up on you.  The saddest part is this is why I come.  To watch and pray that I'm mistaken and pray I'm not the only one.  Try not to care about this, I know that this is hopeless, no one notices it.  Not losing sleep over this.  You people are unredeemable, indescribable, all but evil.

You know very well, what you are.  Don't let 'em write you off, you wear your scars.

71 - Remembering Sunday - All Time Low

Leaning now, into the breeze, remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees.  They had breakfast together but two eggs don't last like the feeling of what he needs.  Now this place seems familiar to him.  She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin, she led him upstairs, she led him upstairs.  Left him dying to get in.

Forgive me, I'm trying to find my calling.  I'm calling at night.  I didn't mean to be a bother, but have you seen this girl?  She's been running through my dreams and it's driving me crazy, it seems.  I'm gonna ask her to marry me.

Even though she doesn't believe in love, he's determined to call her bluff.  Who could deny these butterflies?  They're filling his gut.  Waking the neighbors, unfamiliar faces, he pleads, though he tries, but he's only denied.  Now he's dying to get inside.

A neighbor said she moved away.  Funny how it rained all day.  I didn't think much of it then, but it's starting to all make sense.  Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds are following me in my desperate endeavor to find my whoever, whereever she may be.  I'm not coming back, I've done something so terrible, I'm terrified to speak, but you'd expect that from me.  I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt.  Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair and out of my mind.  Keeping an eye on the world, so many thousands of feet off the ground.  I'm over you now, I'm at home in the clouds towering over your head.

I guess I'll go home now.

70 - Prayer of the Refugee - Rise Against

Warm yourself by the fire, son, and the morning will come soon.  I'll tell you stories of a better time in a place that we once knew.  Before we packed our bags and left all this behind us in the dust.  We had a place that we could call home and a life no one could touch.

Don't hold me up now, I can stand my own ground.  I don't need your help now, you will let me down.

We are the angry and the desperate.  The hungry and the cold.  We are the ones who kept quiet and always did what we were told.  But we've been sweating while you slept so calm, in the safety of your home.  We've been pulling out the nails that hol up everything you've known.

Keep quiet no longer, we'll sing through the day of the lives that we've lost and the lives we've reclaimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment