Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (19-1)

What a long, strange journey this has blah blah blah.  I have LOVED doing this project, probably my favorite one I have ever done since starting this blog in July.  So much amazing music has been re-sparked for me, I have listened to so much music the past month, it truly has been a God-send.  Here's the best of the best


19 - A Walk Through Hell - Say Anything

If I could swim, I'd swim out to you in the ocean. Swim out to where you were floating in the dark. And if I was blessed, I walk on the water you're breathing to lend you some air for that heaving sunken chest. 'Cause they chose you as the model for their empty little dreams. With your new head and your legs spread like a filthy magazine. And they hunt you, and they gut you, and you give in. And if I was brave, I'd climb up to you on the mountain. They led you to drink from their fountain, spouting lies. And I'd slay the horrible beast they commissioned to steer me away from my mission to your eyes. And I'd stand there, like a solider, with my foot upon his chest. With my grin spread and my arms out in my bloodstained Sunday's best.  And you'd hold me, I'd remind you who you are under their shell.

I'd walk through hell for you.  Let it burn right through my shoes, these soles are useless without you.  Through hell for you, let the torturing ensue.  My soul is useless without you.

If they sent a whirlwind, I'd hug it like a harmless little tree.  Or an earthquake, I'd calm it, and I'd bring you back to me.  And I'd hold you in my weak arms like a first born.

Now I've walked through hell for you, what's an adventurer to do but rest these feet at home with you?

18 - The Anthem - Good Charlotte

It's a new day, but it all feels old.  It's a good life, that's what I'm told, but every day, it all just feels the same.

I don't ever wanna be you, don't wanna be just like you.  What I'm saying is, this is the anthem, throw all your hands up.  You, don't wanna be you.

I'm gonna get by and just do my time.  Out of step while they all get in line.  I'm just a minor threat so pay no mind.  Do you really wanna be like them?  Do you really wanna be another trend?  Do you wanna be part of that crowd?

Another loser anthem.

17 - A Day Late - Anberlin

Let me get this straight.  You say now you loved me all along?  What made you hesitate to tell me with words what you really feel?  I can see it in your eyes, you mean all of what you say.  I remember so long ago, see, I felt that same way.  Now we both have separate lives and lovers.  Insignificantly enough, we both have significant others.  Only time will tell, time will turn and tell.

We are who we were then.  Could've been lovers but at least you're still my day late friend.  We are who, we are who we were then.  Who knew what we know now.  Could've been more but at least you're still my day late friend.

Thoughts, they change and times, they rearrange.  I don't know who you are anymore.  Loves come and go and this I know, I'm not who you recall anymore.  But I must confess, you're so much more than I remember.  Can't help but entertain these thoughts, thoughts of us together.

All these years and you were nowhere to be found and now you want me for your own.  But you're a day late and my love, she's still renowned.

16 - With Me - Sum 41

I don't want this moment to ever end, where everything's nothing without you.  I wait here forever just to, to see you smile.  'Cause it's true, I am nothing without you.

Throught it all, I've made my mistakes.  I stumble and fall but I mean these words.  I want you to know, with everything, I won't let this go.  These words are my heart and soul.  I'll hold on to this moment, you know.  As I bleed my heart out to show and I won't let go.

Thoughts read unspoken, forever and now.  The pieces of memories fall to the ground.  I know what I did and how so, I won't let this go.

All the streets where I walked alone with nowhere to go have come to an end.

In front of your eyes, it falls from the skies.  When you don't know what you're looking to find, in front of your eyes, it falls from the skies.  When you just never know what you will find.

15 - Feeling This - Blink-182

Get ready for action.  I got no regret right now, I'm feeling this.  The air is so cold and low, I'm feeling this.  Let me go in her room, I'm feeling this.  I wanna take off her clothes, I'm feeling this.  Show me the way to bed, I'm feeling this.  Show me the way you move, I'm feeling this.  Fuck it, it's such a blur, I'm feeling this.  I love all the things you do.

Fate fell short this time, your smile fades in the summer.  Place your hand in mine, I'll leave when I wanna.

Where do we go from here?  Turn all the lights down now.  Smiling from ear to ear, I'm feeling this.  Our breathing has got too loud, I'm feeling this.  Show me the bedroom floor, I'm feeling this.  Show me the bathroom mirror, I'm feeling this.  We're taking this way too slow, I'm feeling this.  Take me away from here.

This place was never the same again after you came and went.  How can you say you meant anything different to anyone?

Look to the past and remember and smile.  And maybe tonight I can breathe for a while.  I'm not in the scene, I think I'm falling asleep, but then all that it means is I'll always be dreaming of you.

Are we alone, do you feel it?  So lost and disillusioned.

14 - Break Apart Her Heart - Good Charlotte

When you call, she doesn't answer.  When you write, she doesn't answer.  You go out, you see him with her, she told you she was sick at home.  The ring you gave her, thrown away with all the letters.  And when you see him with her, he doesn't even care at all.  And she follows him around like you follow her around.  And he doesn't even care and you're figuring out, the only way you're gonna keep somebody around, well, I'm about to let you know.

There's something I don't want to understand.  The only way a woman's gonna want a man, the only way you'll ever keep her in your hands is breaking apart her heart.  Don't tell her she's the reason that you live, don't give her everything that you've got to give.  If you wanna keep the girl for as long as you live, just break it apart her heart.

Can't you see the way she's crying?  Well, that's what keeps her trying.  She knew that she could have you and he don't give her what she wants.  There's truth about this.  You say you wanna be noticed?  Well, if you wanna be noticed, you've gotta learn to break some hearts.  Don't try to understand.

Can you see what you've done?  What I've become, what I've become?  Can you see, can you see?  I don't understand this cruelty, I don't understand, but now I see.

I don't understand, it's just not me.

13 - Sleep, Everyone... - Powerspace

With so little sleep, at least you'd think I'd find some peace in my dreams, in my dreams.  But my mind still winds up on the same thing, the same scene, the same themes.

It's all stuck in my subconscious, built up from every day.  So I'm stuck with these nightmares where you're gone and so far away.  And when I wake up, I realize that everything's still wrong.  I'm still here and you're still gone.  It's not fair, 'cause either way I spin it, separation seems so wrong.  These breaks are far too long for me.

Hours and hours, I'm stuck inside this place and this town, and you're gone.  Far away, you're fighting for your life all alone.  I want to wake up and go home.

This tortures me so much that I get sick and I throw up.  In my dreams and here on my bed.  It's messed up how it's all in my head, yet it's affecting me oh so bad.  I guess this distance just makes me sick.  'Cause when I wake up, it's 4 AM and I'm still all alone.  Your message on my phone, don't tell me that sleeping through the night is never this hard you're home, 'cause I already know.  Wake me.

12 - All Signs Point to Lauderdale - A Day to Remember

 I hate this town, it's so washed up and all my friends don't give a fuck.  They'll tell me that it's just bad luck, when will I find where I fit in?

Remember when I tried?  I never strayed too far from you, forever by your side, no matter what I was going through.  But now I never know the things to say to you.  Now help me, but know, I'm still on your side.  I never showed just what you do to me.  This song was always wrong.

No one can understand.

The time was always wrong.

Don't believe a word they're telling to you.

They let me down.

I can't live my life always backing down.  I got to do this right, then make it make a sound.

11 - Terrible Things - Mayday Parade

By the time I was your age, I'd give anything to fall in love truly, was all I could think.  That's when I met your mother, the girl of my dreams.  The most beautiful woman that I'd ever seen.  She said "Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing?  I can't help but notice you're staring at me.  I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe, I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."

Most of the time we'd have too much to drink and we'd laugh at the stars and we'd share everything.  Too young to notice and too dumb to care.  Love was a story that couldn't compare.  I said "Girl, can I tell you a wonderful thing?  I made you a present with paper and string.  Open with care now, I'm asking you, please.  You know that I love you, will you marry me?"

Now son, I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things.  You'll learn, one day, I'll hope and I'll pray that God shows you differently.

She said "Boy, can I tell you a terrible thing?  It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks.  Please, don't be sad now, I really believe you were the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

Slow, so slow I fell to the ground on my knees.  So don't fall in love, there's just too much to lose.  If given the choice, then I'm begging you, choose to walk away, walk away, don't let her get you.  I can't bear to see the same happen to you.

10 - Stare at the Sun - Thrice

I sit here clutching useless lists, keys for doors that don't exist.  I crack my teeth on pearls.  I tear into the history, show me what it means to me in this world.

I'm due for a miracle.  I'm waiting for a sign.  I'll stare straight into the sun and I won't close my eyes, 'til I understand or go blind.

I see the parts but not the whole.  I study saints and scholars both, no perfect plan unfurls.  Do I trust my heart or just my mind?  Why is truth so hard to find in this world?

I know that there's a point I've missed.  A shrine or stone I haven't kissed.  A scar that never graced my wrist.  A mirror that hasn't met my first, but I can't help feeling like I'm due for a miracle.

9 - Skinny, Mean Man - Say Anything

I know you love how I make it all go away, all the joy, all the pain, all thoughts in your brain.  For the price of your soul, I will hold your heart in my talons.  For three summers straight you've been my sweet eye candy, and no one will ever, ever take you away from me.  I saw, I smelled what he did to you, girl.  And to be frank, the thought makes my innards curl.  How he preyed on your ripe insecurities, the thorn in your side is alive, and it's killing me.

On your knees in his downtrodden shit-eating grin of a room.  If only you'd meet me here soon.

If only you'd start breathing, I'd court you exclusively. With my shovel, I'm pounding earth 'til suddenly I see you awake from the dirt and the grime, stretch your fractured, pretzel spine. Out to take your revenge for the crime, filled with fire and finally mine.

Paraded you around like a second place prize, hair done up, black holes painted on your eyes.  Held a book burning in your back yard while your parents observed from their window, slightly scarred.  And I've watched with my shovel in hand, I have faith in you, child.  From his nightmares, I've plucked a plan.  Where that prick, to the world, is revealed as a wicked man, this is a prayer from your biggest fan.

If only could see me, we'd dance like a heart attack.  With a wail, you let them know you're furious, you're back.

You awake from the grave that he dug, pulsing, boiling, angry blood.  Well aware that I'm falling love.  Filled with fire, I'm drinking gasoline to make it go faster.

8 - Better than Sex - Halifax

I'm all dressed up for you.  In red, my intention's aren't so good.  It may take one miracle, but if you have more, I'm sure we can use them.  

Why wo we breathe sex like lovers but live like enemies?

Fix me, fix me, a new cure for us.  I want them stronger, one that'll ease the pain.  I wanna be loved by you, I wanna be there right next to you.

As I spread throughout your veins, the tension's getting stronger now with the pain.  You can have your miracles, but I won't give in.

Let's sleep tonight on a bed of nails, so that every other night doesn't seem so painful after all.

7 - Weightless - All Time Low

Manage me, I'm a mess.  Turn a page, I'm a book half unread.  I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because.  I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough.  But I'm stuck in this fucking rut, waiting on a second-hand pick-me-up.  And I'm over getting older.

If I could just find the time, then I would never let another day go by.

Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year.  And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere.  And this is my reaction to everything I fear, 'cause I've been going crazy, I don't wanna waste another minute here.

Make believe that I impress.  That every word, by design, turns a head.  I wanna feel reckless, wanna live it up just because.  I wanna feel weightless, 'cause that would be enough.

This could be all I've waited for and I've been going crazy, I'm stuck in here.

6 - Pretty Girl (The Way) - Sugarcult

Pretty girl is suffering while he confesses everything.  Pretty soon she'll figure out what his intentions were about.  

That's what you get for falling again, you can never get 'em out of your head.

It's the way that he makes you feel.  It's the way that he kisses you.  It's the way that he makes you fall in love.

She's beautiful as usual with bruises on her ego and her killer instinct tells her to beware of evil men.

It's the way that he makes you cry.  It's the way that he is in your mind.  It's the way that he makes you fall in love.

5 - Wonderwall - Oasis

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you. By now, you should've somehow realized what you gotta do. 

I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now. 

Back beat, the word on the street is that the fire in your heart is out.  I'm sure you've heard it all before, but you never really had a doubt.

All the roads we have to walk are winding and all the lights that lead us there are blinding.  There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how.

Maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me.  And after all, you're my wonderwall.

Today was gonna be the day, but they'll never throw it back to you.  By now you should've somehow realized what you're not to do.

4 - Time-bomb - All Time Low

From the get-go, I knew this was hard to hold.  Like a crash, the whole thing spun out of control.  Oh, on a wire, we were dancing.  Two kids, no consequences.  Pull the trigger, without thinking, there's only one way down this road.

It was like a time-bomb set into motion, we knew that we were destined to explode.  And if I have to pull you out of the wreckage, you know I'm never gonna let you go.  We're like a time-bomb, gonna lose it, let's defuse it.  Baby, we're like a time-bomb, but I need it.  Wouldn't have it any other way.

There's no way out of this, so let's stay in.  Every storm that comes, also comes to an end.  Oh, resistance is useless.  Just two kids, stupid and fearless.  Like a bullet, shooting a lovesick.

Got my heart in your hands, like a time-bomb ticking.  It goes off, we start again.  When it breaks, we fix it.

We should know better, but we won't let go.

3 - Nightmare - Halifax

It's second-nature for you and it's the first to make you the last one.  The last one in my line, the first to make you cry.  So let's drink this bottle to the very last drop.  Tell me what you find at the bottom.  And don't you say you forgot what I need, 'cause all I need is you.

Tonight I send out apologies.  Inside this car, I'll fy over the edge.  And if I try to say your name, I'll just bite my tongue.  It's your nightmare, make sure to handle it well.  I turn up your evil, turn down your care.

I point this troubled ambulance.  The passenger is nowhere to be found, I escaped.  What will they think of me, what will they think of me?  When I lock my body in the trunk of your car, put all the pressure to the gas.  Turn the autopilot on, let's see if we can fly tonight.

If I'm the cure, she's the disease.  Do what you will, just know what this means.

2 - The Acoustic Song - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

When I see your smile, tears roll down my face, I can't replace.  And now that I'm strong, I have figured out how this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul and I know, I'll find deep inside me, I can be the one.

I will never let you fall, I'll stand up for you forever.  I'll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to heaven.

Seasons are changing and waves are crashing and stars are falling all for us.  Days grow longer and nights grow shorter, I can show you I'll be the one.

You're my, my true love, my whole heart, please don't throw that away. 'Cause I'm here for you, please don't walk away and please tell me you'll stay.  Use me as you will, pull my strings just for a thrill.  And I know I'll be okay, though my skies are turning gray.

1 - All I Want - A Day to Remember

I'm always screaming my lungs out, 'til my head starts spinning.  Playing my songs is the way I cope with life.  Won't keep my voice down, know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud.  I like to keep things honest, I'm a safe bet, like your life's staked on it, for real.  I'd hate to keep you all wondering, I'm constant like the seasons, I will never be forgotten.

Let's leave no words unspoken and save regrets for the broken.  Will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own, to mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone.  You know how to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

Still got something left to prove.  It tends to keep things moving, while everyone around me says my last days are looming overhead.  But just what the hell do they think they know?  I keep my head above the water, while they drown in the undertow.

If you take it from me, live your life for yourself.  'Cause when it's all said and done, you don't need anyone else.

Let's get back to when everything seemed perfect, not a worry in the world, tell me, was this all worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment