Friday, March 23, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (166-152)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167

166 - A Box Full of Sharp Objects - The Used

We've fallen in love. It was the best idea I ever had.

Today I fell and felt better. Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and sharper.

Found a box of sharp objects what a beautiful thing.

Do you want a song of glory?  Well I'm fucking screaming at you.

165 - Not Good Enough For Truth in Cliche - Escape the Fate

Hurtful words.  From my enemies of the last five years.  What's it like to die alone?  How does it feel when tears freeze, when you cry?  The blood in your veins is twenty below.

Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette.  Finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.  Out from the window see her back drop silhouette.  This blood on my hands is something I cannot forget.

So for now, take this down a notch.  Crash my car through your window.  Make sure you're still alive, just in time to kill you.

I can't take this anymore.  I cannot feel what you've done to me.

164 - Fix You - Coldplay

When you try your best but you don't succeed.  When you get what you want but not what you need.  When you feel so tired but you can't sleep.  Stuck in reverse.  And the tears come streaming down your face.  When you lose something you can't replace.  When you love someone but it goes to waste.  Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home.  And ignite your bones.  And I will try to fix you.

When you're too in love to let it go.  But if you never try you'll never know just what you're worth.

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes.

163 - Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold

He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

No oasis here to see.

Can't you help me as I'm starting to burn?  All alone.

My confidence is leaving me on my own.  All alone.  No one can save me and you know I don't want the attention.

My hand is on the trigger, I'm ready to ignite.  Tomorrow might not make it but everything's alright.

Show me what it's like to be set free.

I'm sorry you're not here.  I've been sane too long my vision's so unclear.  Now take a trip with me, but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem.

Sometimes I don't know why we'd rather live than die.  We look up towards the sky for answers to our lives.  We may get some solutions but most just pass us by.  Don't want your absolution 'cause I can't make it right.

I'll make a beast out of myself.

I've known it from the start.  All these good ideas will tear your brain apart.  Scared but you, you follow me.  I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

162 - The World as We Know It - Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Time is becoming more precious than gold.  All those times wasted alone.

We won't get another chance this time.

You'll be lucky if you make it out alive.  Haven't we lost our minds?  What the hell were we all thinking?  Now they're choosing sides.  This is the world.

A virus known as rage is brutally destroying and spreading all over the place.

The tension is rising and rising and the world is at stake.  Take back what belongs to you, by God, before it's too late.

So close your eyes and paint the picture.  The sunset starring back won't last forever.

The world we could've had would have been better, much better.

161 - Stupid Kid - Alkaline Trio

There are things that used to make me smile. One of them was you for just a little while. You left me for dead so far away, I replaced you with fear and shame. You'll be happy on the day I die.  There are things that used to make me laugh, but now they're deeply buried in the past.  I left them there so far away, replaced my humor with my pain.  I'll be happy on the day it dies.

Remember when I said "I love you?"  Well, forget it, I take it back.  I was just a stupid kid back then.  I take back every word that I said.

There are things that used to make you cry.  One of them was me for just a little while.  Why is it that you had to say goodbye in your special way?  You slashed the tires on my car.

160 - Hero/Heroine - Boys Like Girls

I got my hands in my pockets and my head in a cloud.  This is how I do when I think about you.

You caught me off guard.  Now I'm running and screaming.

I won't try to philosophize, I'll just take a deep breath and I'll look in your eyes.  This is how I feel and it's so so real.  I got a closet filled up to the brim with the ghosts of my past and the skeletons.

Do you know that your love is the sweetest sin?

I feel a weakness coming on.  Never felt so good to be so wrong.  Had my heart on lockdown and then you turned me around.  And I'm feeling like a new born child, every time I get a chance to see you smile.  It's not complicated, I was so jaded.

159 - Kids in Love - Mayday Parade

I look back to the one and only summer time.  When my girl was the envy of every friend of mine.  She slept safely in my arms, we were so young and invincible.

Young love is such dumb love.  Call it what you want, it was still enough.

You're still out of my reach and you're still all of the things that I want in my life.  How could I ask you to leave me?

We were just kids in love.  The summer was full of mistakes we wouldn't learn from.  The first kiss stole the breath from my lips.  Why did the last one tear us apart?

Our hearts beat inside our chests, leaving us gasping for every breath.  Her smile with the wind blowing through her hair was so contagious in the air.  So satisfying and I'm still smiling.

We're falling down, can we pick up the pieces?  We're at an all time low, how do we get it back?

158 - The Boys of Summer - The Ataris

I feel it in the air, the summer's out of reach.  Empty lake, empty streets.  The sun goes down alone.  I'm drivin' by your house, though I know, you're not home.

I can tell you my love for you will still be strong after the boys of summer have gone.

I never will forget those nights.  I wonder if it was a dream.  Remember how you made me crazy?  Remember how I made you scream?  Now I don't understand what happened to our love.

A little voice inside my head said "Don't look back, you can never look back."  I thought I knew what love was.  What did I know?  Those days are gone forever, I should just let them go.

157 - Stuck in America - Sugarcult

Today, I changed.  It's too late 'cause everyone stayed the same.  I'm gone, so long.  Break out, 'cause I'm better off on my own.

I'm different and you're distant.  Add it up and it makes no difference.

Runnin' just to get away.

One way to shake this place that I can't escape.

All that shit you put me through.  Get away.

156 - Face Down - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Hey girl you know you drive me crazy.  One look puts the rhythm in my hand.  Still I'll never understand why you hang around.

You cry alone and then he swears he loves you.

Well I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end.

A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect.  Every action in this world will bear a consequence.  If you wait around forever you will surely drown.

155 - Miserable at Best - Mayday Parade

The hardest part is letting go of the nights we shared.

Compared to your eyes, nothing shines quite as bright and when we look to the sky, it's not mine, but I want it.

Let's not pretend like you're alone tonight.  I know he's there.  You're probably hanging out and making eyes, while across the room he stares.  I bet he gets the nerve to walk the floor and ask my girl to dance; she'll say yes.

Because these words were never easier for me to say or her to second guess.  But I guess that I can live without you but without you I'll be miserable at best.

You're all that I hoped I'd find in every single way.  And everything I could give is everything you couldn't take.  'Cause nothing feels like home, you're a thousand miles away.  And the hardest part of living is just taking breaths to stay.  'Cause I know I'm good for something i just haven't found it yet.  But I need it.

And this will be the first time in a week that I'll talk to you and I can't speak.  Been three whole days since I've had sleep, 'cause I dream of his lips on your cheek.  And I got the point that I should leave you alone but we both know that I'm not that strong.  And I miss the lips that made me fly.

154 - God Must Hate Me - Simple Plan

I guess it's no use.  I'm screwing up every little thing I ever try to do.  I was born to lose.

God must hate me.  He cursed me for eternity.  God must hate me.  Maybe you should pray for me.  I'm breaking down and you can't save me.  I'm stuck in hell and I wanna go home.

Now my brain is bursting out of my head.  I can't think, I can't breathe once again.

So what in the world am I supposed to do?  I never did anything to you.  So can you find something else to do?

153 - Daddy's Little Defect - Sugarcult

Going all the way, looking so helpless every day.  Daddy's little defect, all the same.  Keep your secrets away from me.

The gift wrapped guilt trip kisses left you naked in your bed.

Letting go and you're left with nothing.  Let go, it will be alright.  It doesn't matter 'cause it's free to waste your life.

Waiting for you, if you wanna be mine.

152 - Wolf in Sheep's Clothing - This Providence

You're throwing everything you have at me.  Cheap shots, low blows, will you ever let it go?  You're so pathetic, give it a rest.  You're not gonna win, you're never gonna.  You love the sound of your own voice in a crown of death upon your head.  Come on, you and all your royalty on the edge of infamy.  You're going to taste my fist.

You're so good at stretching the truth, into a sugar coated lie, everyone takes a bite.  I have been dining with the enemy, it was a wolf in sheep's clothing.  Now it's so clear to me.

I've had enough of your games, if you're not trembling, you'd better be.  'Cause we're gonna be the end of you.  I've had enough of your games.  I'm gonna show them who you really are and I can tell you right now, it won't be pretty.

You spin a web of lies, fear, lust, pride, greed & shame.

You held me down for so long but it's not gonna last 'cause I can see right through your beautiful lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment