Thursday, March 15, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (195-182)

238-224
223-210
209-196


195 - Shut Me Up - Mindless Self Indulgence

I like my coffee black, just like my metal.

I can't wait for you to shut me up and make me hip like bad-ass.  I can't wait for you to shut me up.

194 - Swing Life Away - Rise Against

Am I loud and clear or am I breaking up?  Am I still your charm or am I just bad luck?  Are we getting closer or are we just getting more lost?  I'll show you mine if you show me yours first.  Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose is worse.  Let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words.

We live on front porches and swing life away.  We get by just fine here on minimum wage.  If love is a labor I'll slave 'till the end, I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand.

I've been here so long, I think that it's time to move.  The winter's so cold, summer's over too soon.

I've got some friends, some that I hardly know.  But we've had some times, I wouldn't trade for the world.  We chase these days down with talks of the places that we will go.

193 - I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance

Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say.  I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.

What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems.  I've told you time and time again, you sing the words but don't know what it means.  To be a joke and look, another line without a hook.  I held you close as we both shook for the last time, take a good hard look.

You said you read me like a book but the pages all are torn and frayed.

But you really need to listen to me, because I'm telling you the truth.  I mean this, I'm okay, trust me.

Well, I'm not okay.  I'm not o-fucking-kay.

192 - Home - Three Days Grace

I'll be coming home, just to be alone.  'Cause I know you're not there and I know you don't care.

No matter how hard I try, you're never satisfied.

I think I'm better off alone.

You always disappear, even when you're here.

191 - Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On - Set Your Goals

Let's take it back to the start again, when we didn't have an outline in our heads.

Keep us far from trouble.  Keep us guarded.  Simple words with a deeper meaning.  Something to relate to that we could call our own.

Our ethos, it's all we know.  We can't let go.

I was searching, trying to figure out why I did not belong.

When there is no one there to hear you, the music will listen. And when there's no one there to tell, the words will write themselves.  So you say that this is trapping me.  Yeah, and maybe I agree.

Been around long enough by now to know I see things differently than most.

So come with me if you feel what I feel.  We'll turn these words into something real.

190 - A Praise Chorus - Jimmy Eat World

Things are never going to be the way you want.

All I need is just to hear a song I know.  I want to always feel like part of this was mine.  I want to fall in love tonight.

Nostalgia won't let you down.

Why did we ever part?  Kick start my rock and roll heart.

189 - On Top of the World - Boys Like Girls

Look up, the stars are fading and I am still here waiting to see you again.  Be with you my friend.  When the moon is gone forever, I hope you're up there somewhere.  All the roads, they lead to where you are.

Let's spend tonight on top of the world and we can do anything.  We can be anything.  I'll meet you tonight on top of the world.  As real as it seems, you're only in my dreams.

Swear that I will see you someday.  I have to find a way, to show you I care.  Even if you're not here.

My heart is empty without you.  Sometimes you don't know what you do.  And I need you tonight, I'll fall asleep and it's alright.  Close my eyes and I'll be by your side.

188 - Walls - Emery

Are you listening?  We write a thousand pages, they're torn and on the floor.

All these scenes repeating are cold to the touch.

My hands seem to deceive me.  When I'm nervous or when I'm healthy.

Sometimes it gets so hard to breathe.  Your eyes can see right through me.

Tear out these veins that own my heart.

I've built these walls. Come get to me.

Lock the doors from the inside.

Your face is so contagious, it wears annoucements, it leaves me breathless, I won't forget this.

Let the walls have their say.

187 - River Below - Billy Talent

Rejected since day one.  My name is bastard son.  I've been damned so many times, I've lost count.

I'm sick and I'm twisted.  I'm broken, you can't fix it.  Don't make, 'cause I'll do it.

Into the river below, I'm running from the inferno.  They'll think I'm insane, but you'll all know my name.

I'll take all the blame, the front page and the fame.

Tick-tocking, time's up now.  Split second, the world frowns.  Lonely heart, never loved nobody.

186 - Faint - Linkin Park

I am a little bit of loneliness, a little bit of disregard.  Handful of complaints but I can't help the fact that everyone can see these scars.  I am what I want you to want, what I want you to feel.  But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you, to just believe this is real.  So I let go, watching you turn your back like you always do.  Face away and pretend that I'm not.  But I'll be here 'cause you're all that I got.

I can't feel the way I did before.  Don't turn your back on me.  I won't be ignored.  Times won't change this damage anymore.

I am a little bit insecure, a little unconfident.  'Cause you don't understand I do what I can but sometimes I don't make sense.  I am what you never wanna say but I've never had a doubt.  It's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you, for once, just to hear me out.

Hear me out now, you're gonna listen to me, like it or not.  Right now.

185 - The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars

What if I wanted a break?  Laugh it all off in your face.  What would you do?  What if I fell to the floor?  Couldn't take all this anymore.  What would you do?

Come break me down.  Marry me, bury me.  I am finished with you.

What if I wanted to fight?  Beg for the rest of my life.  What would you do?  You say you wanted more.  What are you waiting for?  I'm not running from you.

Look in my eyes.  You're killing me, killing me.  All I wanted was you.

I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change.  I know now, this is who I really am inside.

184 - Take It Away - The Used

I'm lying to myself and this dagger's my excuse.  I'm a pawn.  I should have paid up and I left an hour late.  I must abuse myself.  I'm against all that I've made up.  Set in stone, the sun will come and I hate the light.  You know I hate light.

Burn the sun, burn the light.

Take it away.

I can't stop itching at the thoughts of tarnished hope.  Kinda funny lonely feeling, I'm not in love.  You know it's not love.

I'm so apathetic in my resentment.

Take my heart.  Take my mind.  Take my lungs.  Take my life.

183 - Speak Low, If You Speak Love - My American Heart

Whisper softly softly in my ear.  Say all the things I want to hear.  So speak low, if you speak love.

Oh baby baby drink the poison.  We can disappear, away, away from here.  Can you hear?  Whisper softly in your ear, we will never, ever know.  'Cause our love was always a secret.

I say those God damn kids got nothing on me.  They just laugh and dance at insecurities.  Well I know who I am.  Do you know who I am?

182 - The Press Corpse - Anti-Flag

We don't want to talk about it.

They talk it up all day, they talk it up all night.  They talk until their face turns blue.

When the truth escapes the night and crawls into the day, we find the picture still askew.

They wanna tiptoe, walk around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment