Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (39-30)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167
166-152
151-136
135-121
120-110
109-101
100-90
89-80
79-70
69-60
59-50
49-40


39 - Anywhere Else but Here - Simple Plan

I'm staring at the clock, I'm wondering why I'm still here.  And my head's about to pop, I'm thinking you best stay clear.  How did I get stuck in this predicament?  I don't know.  I wanna throw this repetition out the window.  I'm getting tired of wondering why I'm still here.

I wish that I could snap my fingers, make myself disappear.  Snap my fingers, get myself outta here.

I'd rather be anywhere else, anywhere else, anywhere else but here.

I could be anywhere else.

The sun is coming up, I wanna get out of there.  Well, here we go again, I'm back to where I began.  You can take my checkbook, credit cards and keep 'em.  I'd give them up just for a little bit of freedom.  And my escape, I'm planning it in my head.

No more bus stops, sitting in traffic, waking up at 6 in the morning ain't gonna happen.

You can just forget about it.  We want freedom.

I could be sleeping in, I could be living it up.  I could be sitting at home not giving a fuck.

38 - A Little Faster - There For Tomorrow

You keep calling it a crash and burn, just waiting your turn.  You might have time to speak.  There barely was a lesson learned, 'cause it will return no favors back to me.

I'm sure it tasted oh so sweet, but it was never good enough for me.  I bit the tongue behind my teeth.

You say you always keep your word, show me what you're after.  I thought you'd promise me the world.  Tell me what you're after.  Go on and take it way too far, 'cause here we are waiting once again.  You say you always keep your word.  Show me what you're after, just a little faster.

Am I the only eyes that see so subtly this cut and dry routine?  Even when you're by my side, I still need time to feel the company.

Hold your breath now, the bad was wearing thin.  From the pavements settles in when we learn too much too soon.

37 - Don't Tell Me That It's Over - Blink-182

I hear the phone, it rings so violently.  Can't leave my room, can't breathe since she left me.  I will admit, I hate those things I said.  Girls will always cry, guys will never admit they did.

Hold on.

Don't tell me that it's over, I'm not used to this temptation.  And when you come back running, there is no use for explanation.  I think these things are too hopeful, even with my expert knowledge.  Most girls do mean trouble because they are rarely honest.

What's with the jokes, all the routines they play.  Screw with my head, never cave 'til they get their way.  Guys like to run, chicks like to yell, you see.  Guys hate to fight, girls think it's therapy.

36 - Worry Rock - Green Day

Another sentimental argument and bitter love.  Fucked without a kiss again, dragged it through the mud.  Yelling at brick walls and punching windows made of stone.  The worry rock has turned to dust, fallen on our pride.

A knocked down, dragged out fight.  Fat lips and open wounds.  Another wasted night no one will take the fall.

Where do we go from here and what did you do with the directions?  Promise me no dead-end streets and I'll guarantee we'll have the road.

35 - If It Means A Lot to You - A Day to Remember

Hey darling, I hope you're good tonight.  And I know you don't feel right when I'm leaving.  Yeah, I want it, but no, I don't need it.  Tell me something sweet to get me by.

I can't come back home 'til they're singing la, la la la la la la. 'Til everyone is singing.

If you can wait 'til I get home, then I swear to you that we can make this last.  La, la la.  If you can wait 'til I get home, then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past.  Well it might be for the best.

Hey sweetie, well I need you here tonight.  And I know that you don't want to be leaving, yeah, you want it, but I can't help it.  I just feel complete when you're by my side, but I know you can't come home 'til they're singing la, la la la la la la.

You know you can't give me what I need and even though you mean so much to me, I can't wait through everything.  Is this really happening?  I swear I'll never be happy again.  And don't you dare say we can just be friends.  I'm not some boy that you can sway.  We knew it'd happen eventually.

Now everybody's singing la, la la la la la la.

34 - Bruised and Scarred - Mayday Parade

It all goes back to the first kiss.  It was the one I thought I'd never miss.  Maybe we were one of the lucky ones, maybe I'm just not quite strong enough.  This was supposed to be the easy part, but breaking down is what I found hard.  Now I'm wearing this smile that I don't believe in, inside I feel like screaming.

She gave me every reason to believe I'd found the one, but my doubts, somehow they sold me out.

I'm bruised and scarred, save me from this broken heart.  All my love will slowly fade and fall apart.  Someone please sing this lovesick melody.  Call my name if you're afraid, I'm just a kiss away.

I'm finding out in the hardest way, the consequence of every mistake I've ever made.  Baby, what's it like to be alone?  I don't want to know.

Be honest, is this what you wanted?  We lost what we started and found out much more than we want to know about how we're letting go.

33 - This Love, This Hate - Hollywood Undead

In a time of need, only few can see what's wrong.  Millions tend to crawl, but only those who choose can make it through this all.  Only few can sing like lions 'cause we sing until w'ere gone and we've got each other's backs until we're back where we belong.  A woman held my shield and through the battle we did wrong.  A man who taught me wisdom through the static we recall.  And maybe when we're gone our names will echo through the stars, every start's got its ending, even when we've learned to rise above it all.

These lies are leading me astray, it's too much for me to stay.  I don't wanna live this destiny, it goes on endlessly.  I see you, so please stay strong.  I'll sing you one last song and then I'm gone.

We once also had a story too. You can see that good men only come in few. Even in our greatest moments we may win or we may lose. Every song's got its rules, you've got to learn to make it through.  Maybe one day we can choose how it feels to be a woman or a man.  Without rules but buried underneath, there's a picture glued.  So when my body burns in ashes, only sing the truth.  Let these words strenghten all your views, because there words were meant for you.

Now I'm floating right above my coffin, as it closes.

I look up into the sky, as the gates to Heaven open, something's wrong. Is this destiny or am I going home? What will happen to my soul? Will I come back? I don't know. Will you meet me when it's over? Let me know. You can meet me here in Heaven, don't you ever let me go.  This love, this hate is burning me away.

32 - Every Man Has a Molly - Say Anything

Here I am, laid bare, at the end of my rope.  I've lost all hope.  So long, Molly Connolly just broke up with me over the revealing nature of the songs.  You God damn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend, 'cause for you I won't ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.

Here I am, laid down, at the end of my rope, wishing I had not been born.  Now I've spewed too much, I can never shut it up.  I thought you should be warned.  And I implied black sky, took the needle to my eye and sucked out all its glow.  Woah.  Molly Connolly ruined my life.  I thought the world should know.  Ho!

Can't stop thinking 'bout what she did wrong to me.  I can't figure out just what I did wrong.  I'll kill myself thinking about the things that you did to me.

Kill yourself thinking 'bout the things that you did to me.

Just can't figure her out.  Kill myself thinking about my Molly Connolly.

I won't stop thinking about it.  Kill yourself thinking about Molly Connolly.  I'll kill myself.

31 - Slam Crunk - Holiday Parade

High school she was that girl that make me do the hula-hoop around the gym, just to get a peek again, she's a 10.

Cash rules everything around me.

I like big butts and I cannot lie.  You other brothers can't deny, and when a girl walks in with an itty-bitty waist and a round thing in your face, you get sprung.

Deep in the jeans she's wearing, I'm hooked and I can't stop staring.

My homeboys tried to warn me, but that butt you got makes me so horny.

You crank that soulja boy.  Watch me crank it, watch me roll.  Watch me crank that soulja boy, I'm gonna super man that ho.

You go and you supersoak that ho.

30 - Do It For Me Now - Angels & Airwaves

I'm frightened at night and the wind has a roar.  It seeps through the hall and from under the door.  Like the shit that was said, I can't take it that well.  I give and I give and I give and I'm still lost and hurt and bone thin from the love that's been starved.  I know it got close, but I'm sure it's too far.  From the point of suspense, we know it should be the end of that part of our favorite movie.  When the guy grabs the girl and gives her his hand, says take me away from this torturous land.  'Cause the grave is set up, the hole that I dug.  I gave and I gave and I gave and I gave you my trust.  Like the time that we kissed and you gave me a lie, to add to the scene you pretended to cry.  But I'm here and I'm cool, the way that it is.  Just give me a chance and I'll try to forgive.

I don't know.  And I can't guess if it's gonna be okay, but now, my last wish is that you do this with me.  Kiss me here, and hold my hand.  Let me feel like I'm the only one, I know you can.  Won't you do it for me now.

I've really had it with the rain of the tears, the predictable storm that has come every year.  And it sneaks in from shore, with a bat in its hand.  I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying I can't.  You're a thief and a witch, but I love you to death.  You steal my heart and curse under your breath, but the one thing that I can most willingly prove, that when you are gone, I'll be fine without you.

Just hold, hold on to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment