Monday, March 19, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (181-167)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182

181 - Armageddon - Alkaline Trio

I wrote the words to this song on the back of a photograph.  Behind your back it goes.

I got a letter in the mail, the sender failed to let me know where it came from. Opened it up and sure enough, there we were arm in arm, up in arms, again.  I know it's small but my last call's been called, half an hour ago.  I know it's late but do you think you could at least fix it for me.  Then I'll go, alone, I swear.  I won't tell a soul.

Write in fear of a song everybody hates.

Before we say goodbye, give us something to believe in.  Armageddon, we're not begging for too much, I don't think.  Just a goodbye kiss, one last salute, before we sink.

180 - Kill Rock 'n Roll - System of a Down

I felt like the biggest asshole.

Every time I look in your eyes.  Every day I'm watching you die.

All the thoughts I see in you.

Accidents happen in the dark.

179 - The Rest of My Life - Less Than Jake

The emptiness starts to drown the quiet corners of this town.

Late last night, I made my plans.  It was the only thing I felt I could do.  Said goodbye to my best friend.  Sometimes there's no one left to tell you the truth.

It's gonna kill me the rest of my life.  Let me apologize while I'm still alive.  I know it's time to face all of my past mistakes.

This is my all time low.  Somehow it feels so familiar, somehow it feels so familiar.  I feel like letting go.  And every second that goes by I'm screaming out for second tries.

This is the mess I've made.  These are the words I can't erase.  This is my life support shutting down for the final time.  And it twists like a blade and kills me for the rest of my life.

178 - Misery Business - Paramore

I'm in the business of misery.

Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.  Once a whore, you're nothing more, I'm sorry, that'll never change.

177 - Shaketramp - Mariana's Trench

I'm still a little crazy all the time, but I can try to hide it.

Try a little more, a little more, a little more.  They slap you like a bitch and you take it like a whore.

Sorry but I tried.  It was never mine.  And I can still pretend.  I guess it all depends.

Don't let me down.  And the guilt in me is the hurt in you.  And the hurt in you is the lost in me.  And the lost in me is the need in you.  And the need in you is the guilt in me.

176 - Calling All Cars - Senses Fail

What did you expect from me?

I'm sorry but I think I failed to mention, that I lied at my very first confession.

'Cause this has been building since I have been breathing and I know how it's going to end.

I kept my word and you hate me for it now.

Without giving away the entire ending.  I ruined the evening again.

I don't have love left inside.

Are you desperate for an answer?  I don't have an ounce of good left in me now.

175 - Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World

I was spinning free with a little sweet and simple numbing me.

So tell me what do I need when words lose their meaning?

Stumble 'til you crawl.  Sinking into sweet uncertainty.

If you're listening, are you listening?  I'm still running away.  Won't play your hide and seek game.

What a dizzy dance.  This sweetness will not be concerned with me.

174 - Gone So Young - Amber Pacific

I never dreamt it'd be this way. I've lost any chance for me to say, to say that I miss you, say that I love you. Will someone please tell me I'm okay.  I wasn't prepared for what's to come.  A life made of memories.

Now I'm regretting all I've done.  But in your heart know that I'm with you all along.

Wherever you go, I will be waiting.  Whenever you call, I will be there.  Whatever it takes, I'll make your darkest days so bright.

Leave me to think I'm on my own.  But your love will take me, you were the one who sat through nights.  You held me tight and made sure I'm okay and I thank you for the love you gave to me.

If ever you cry, just know, I'm in your heart tonight.

173 - Basbhat - The Audition

For so long I have been attacked by your words and never holding back.  Now you're scared of where I have been.

And I won't ever let this go.  This is the path, the life I chose.  My livelihood, my insides on my back.  I'll keep my legs as strong as I can.

I've been misguided by you.  I've been mistreated too.

172 - You And I - Anarbor

Without you, there's no reason for my story.  And when I'm with you I can always acts the same.  Forever, yeah, if we're together.  We can make it better.

We're always stuck in repeat day by day.  Watching time drift away as we burn away.

We've never felt so right.  That just might be just what I need to get me through the night.  You and I.  We're the perfect fit, you've got me hooked.  So then I could never never quit, I just burn away.

171 - Here I Stand - Madina Lake

My hands shake 'cause today I know you're gonna break my heart and my life without you in it is a life that's not worth living.  I'll be strong, but I wish I was someone else.  Anyone but me tonight.

Here I stand, all alone tonight.  And I wish I was strong enough to breathe without you in my life.  And I wish I was anyone but me.

So I'll start to pretend I'm okay, but you should know by now that my life is smoke and mirrors.

Where do we go?

Inside I start to fall apart.  And I'll pretend I'm holding on.  I guess I'll bleed in silence.

170 - Save Me (Wake Up Call) - Unwritten Law

Had a bad day, don't talk to me, gonna ride this out.  My little black heart, breaks apart, with your big mouth.  And I'm sick of my sickness.  Don't touch me, you'll get this.  I'm useless, lazy, perverted, and you hate me.

You can't save me.  You can't change me.  Well I'm waiting for my wake up call, and everything, everything's my fault.

Went to the doctor and I asked her to make this top.  Got medication, a new addiction.  Fucking thanks a lot.

It ruins everything.

I'm waiting here to take a fall.

I'm a death threat, haven't slept yet.

169 - Buried a Lie - Senses Fail

So let's play doctor, babe.  We'll operate today.  Incisions must be made.  You could help solve this case for me.

168 - All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me) - Bullet for My Valentine

Once more I'll say goodbye to you.  Things happen but we don't really know why.  If it's supposed to be like this, why do most of us ignore the chance to miss?

Torn apart at the seams of my dreams turn to tears.  I'm not feeling this situation.  Run away, try to find that safe place you can hide.  It's the best place to be when you're feeling like me.

All these things I hate revolve around me.

Just back off before I snap.

Once more you tell those lies to me.  Why can't you just be straight up with honesty?  When you say those things in my ear, why do you always tell me what you wanna hear?

Wear your heart on your sleeve, make things hard to believe.

You'll see.

167 - Gone Forever - Three Days Grace

Don't know what's going on.  Don't know what went wrong.  Feels like a hundred years.  I still can't believe you're gone.  So I'll stay up all night with these bloodshot eyes.  While these walls surround me with the story of our life.

I tell myself that I don't miss you at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment