Friday, March 30, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (100-90)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167
166-152
151-136
135-121
120-110
109-101
Top 100!


100 - Architects - Rise Against

Are there no fighters left here anymore?

Are we patiently burning, waiting to be saved?

Following rules that they once disobeyed.  They're now being lead when they used to lead the way.

Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before?

When they are gone, who the fuck's gonna take their place?

Don't you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?  Somewhere deep down, I know you do.  And don't you remember when we were young and we wanted to set the world on fire?  'Cause I still am and I still do.  Make no mistake, we are not afraid to bear the burden of repeating what they're thinking anyway.  Let's raise the stakes on the bet we made.  Let's decide to be the architects, the masters of our fate.

We still believe in all the things that we stood by before.  And now to everything we've seen and maybe even more.  I know we're not the only ones and we were not the first.  And unapologetically we stand behinds these words.

99 - Hands Held High - Linkin Park

Turn my mic up louder, I got to say somethin'.  Lightweight step it aside when we comin'.  Feel it in your chest, the syllables get pumpin'.  People on the street, they panic and start runnin.'  Words on loose leaf sheet complete comin'.  I jump on my mind, I summon the rhyme I'm dumpin.'  Healin' the blind, I promise to let the sun in.  Sick of the dark ways we march to the drummin'.  Jump when they tell us they want to see jumpin'.  Fuck that, I want to see some fists pumpin'.  Risk somethin', take back what's yours, say somethin' that you know they might attack you for.  'Cause I'm sick of bein' treated like I have before, like I'm stupid standin' for what I'm standin' for.  Like this war's really just a different brand of war, like it doesn't cater to the rich and abandon poor.  Like they understand you in the back of the jet, when you can't put gas in your tank.  These fuckers are laughin' their way to the bank and cashin' the check, askin' you to have compassion and have some respect for a leader so nervous in an obvious way, stutterin' and mumblin' for nightly new to replay.  And the rest of the world watchin' at the end of the day in their livin' room laughin' like "What did he say?"

In my livin' room watchin' but I am not laughin'.  'Cause when it gets tense, I know what might happen.  The world is cold, the bold men take action.  Have to react to get blown into fractions.  10-years-old is somethin' to see, another kid my age drugged under a jeep.  Taken and bound and found later under a tree.  I wonder if he had thought "The next one could be me."  Do you see the soldiers that are out today, that brush the dust from the bulletproof vests away?  It's ironic, at times like this you pray, but a bomb blew the Mosque up yesterday.  There's bombs in the buses, bikes, roads, inside your marks, your shops, your clothes.  My dad, he's got a lot of fear, I know, but enough pride inside not to let that show.  My brother had a book he would hold with pride, a little red cover with a broken spine.  On the back he hand wrote a quote "When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"   Meanwhile, the leader just talks away, stutterin' and mumblin' for a nightly news to replay.  And the rest of the world watchin' at the end of the day, both scared and angry like "What did he say?"

With hands held high into a sky so blue as the oceans up to swallow you.

98 - Now or Never - Zebrahead

You got to go loco, this ain't no joke, yo.  Too much hype on the television and radio.  What you want to buy and what you want to be, 'cause what you want is right there on the TV screen.  And you be down with what they're selling, MTV got everybody yellin'.  Get off on it, get off on what you want when you want it.

Running and running through my head.  They tell you it was good forever but I know that it's now or never.

These times are trying, kid ain't lying, 'cause everyone's got something to sell when you're buying.

Take it away from me.

97 - Surprise Me - Disco Curtis

Your name in my chest, I'm loving you to death.  Thrive from your breath, relishing my flesh.  You woke me up, I'm screaming for your touch.  I know you want it, this is getting better.  Pull me in close, you know how to get me.

Wrapped around your finger, got me singing this song.  Hey hey hey!  I've been waiting for so long.  Unorthodox, sexy, what's next?  Why don't you surprise me?

In my caring arms, I gently touched her lips.  Her hads grasped my spine, fingers found her hips.  My heart stands proud, frantic, thumping loud.

Skin so soft, wanna feel your heartbeat.  Squeezing tight, burning from your body heat.  We lay in affection, the world at our fingertips.  Don't ever, ever let me go.

96 - The Breakup Song - American Hi-Fi

I can't believe I hung around with you, all this time.  You drove me crazy with your OCD, girl you're out of your mind.  I'm counting on UFO's to beam me up, I just don't know how long I can take this shit.  I'm over it, girl you gotta go.

It's over, we're over.

We're sinking and I'm thinking, how the hell did we get so stupid?  It's the end, ex-girlfriend, I don't care what you think of me now.  So long, you're gone.  This is the breakup song.

Don't hang around, don't call my friends, they won't know who you are.

95 - How Does It Feel - Sugarcult

Falling out of your past.  All the letters that I wrote and you thought as a joke.  And the phone never rings when you're cold and it stings.  All the holidays suck, by myself 'cause I'm fucked and I'm dying.

How does it feel?  'Cause it's tearing me apart.

I'm back for some more.  Round two was a bore and you're drifting away, 'cause you want it that way.  And I'm picking up pieces of hearts that completely are broken in two, so it must have been you, while you're lying in bed with somebody new.

You cannot convince me anymore.  You cannot control me like before.

We don't wanna be the enemies of what we used to be.

94 - 155 - (+44)

Love, this is getting harder.  And I can't seem to pick you out of the crowd.  But you my dear, have been discovered a liar and I'm afraid that this is building up for far too long.

This is not the time or place for us to speak like this.  Even if I had the thought, I'd never dream of it.  So dry your hollow eyes and let's go down to the water.  In a different time or place the words can make more sense.  In this perfect world, the future wouldn't make it down.  So dry your hollow eyes and let's go down to the water, even though it's the last time.

Love, this is getting the best of me.  And truth be told, you were the start of it all.  Now you my dear, might end up lonely.  Before you go, there's something you should know.

Please, let's not speak, don't breathe a word.

93 - Walking Disaster - Sum 41

I haven't been home for a while, I'm sure everything's the same.

I'm just a kid with no ambitions, wouldn't come home for the world.  Never know what I've become, the king of all that's said and done.  The forgotten son.  This city's buried in defeat, I walk along these no-name streets.  Wave goodbye to all, as I fall.

On a mission, nowhere bound, inhibitions undergound.  A shallow grave I have dug all by myself.

Now I've been gone for so long.  I can't remember who was wrong.  All innocence is long gone.  I pledge allegiance to a world of disbelief, where I belong.  A walking disaster, the son of all bastards.  You regret you made me.  It's too late to save me.

As far as I can tell, it's just voices in my head.  Am I talking to myself, 'cause I don't know what I just said?  And she said, as far as where I fell, maybe I'm better off dead.  Am I at the end of nowhere, is this as good as it gets?

I will be home in a while, you don't have to say a word.  I can't wait to see you smile, wouldn't miss it for the world.

92 - Natives - Blink-182

I'm like a cat in a cage, locked up and battered and bruised.  I am the prodigal son, a shamefull prodigy too.  I am the love of your life, battering ram and confused.  I turn each day into night, I stand there waiting for you.  There is desire to fight, but I have nothing to prove.  With the crowd and some lights, I start to feel things move.  Do you have something to hide, 'cause I think we all do?  I am a child inside, back up and give me some room.

I'm just a bastard child, don't let it go to your head.  I'm just a waste of your time, maybe I'm better off dead.  They turn us loose in the night, I'm fucking Jekyll and Hyde.  We'll have the time of our lives, although we're dying inside.

Just let me go, go.  I'd rather go it alone.

I'm never coming home.

Don't start to panic for me, 'cause I have nothing to lose.  I am as bright as the sun, I burn up all that I choose.

I touch her face when I kneel, she tells me she's not alive.  I am too nervous to run.

Still reach and grab for someone, but end up buried alive.

91 - The Young & the Hopeless - Good Charlotte

Hard days made me, hard nights shaped me.  I don't know, they somehow saved me.  And I know I'm making something out of this life they called nothing.  I take what I want, take what I need.  They say it's wrong but it's right for me.  I won't look down, won't say I'm sorry.  I know that only God can judge me.  And if I make it thru today, will tomorrow be the same?  Am I just running in place?  And if I stumble and I fall, should I get up and carry on or will it all just be the same?

I'm young and hopeless, I'm lost and I know this.  I'm going nowhere fast, that's what they say.  I'm troublesome, I've fallen.

It's me against this world and I don't care.

When I sing about my past, it's not a gimmick, not an act.

90 - Set Phasers to Stun - Taking Back Sunday

Say yes.  

I'm sorry it took me so long to come around

Your famous last words started once your fingers hit the snooze, just nine more minutes, please.  And they all know where to find me.  Every word that I said, what a big mistake, and the ones you left out are keeping me away.  Well I will never make another promise without you.  I will never make another promise with you in mind.

There's a secret I've been perfecting, I swore I wouldn't, but you let me.  I'm comfortably confused and you, you've gotten so removed.

Who ya' gonna call tonight?

We paint out sins to the ceiling, I keep them glued to my chest.  It keeps me close like a promise kept.

If I talk in my sleep, will you just keep trying?  I might give it up, if you just keep trying.

Will you stop me, I just wanna know where you wanna be?

No comments:

Post a Comment