Sunday, March 25, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (151-136)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167
166-152


151 - Never Wanted to Dance - Mindless Self Indulgence

There is nothing you can do that I have not already done to myself.

Be nice to me, don't let me be.  Be nice, be nice to me, don't let me go.

I'm amazed, I'm afraid.

150 - Bleed American - Jimmy Eat World

I'm not alone 'cause the TV's on.

Won't they give it a rest now?

149 - Hello, Brooklyn - All Time Low

So stunning, start running.  Tonight's like a knife would you cut me with your kiss?  I bleed, red lips, you're unbelievable.

When the world comes crashing down, who's ready to party?

Let the good times roll, we can let go.  Everybody knows there's a party at the end of the world.

Don't worry, I fight dirty.  Tonight's like a right hook, knock you off your feet.

Kiss it all goodbye.  Tonight should've never been more alive.  You're so alive.  You're so not afraid to die and I can see it in your eyes.

148 - The Taste of Ink - The Used

Is it worth it, can you even hear me?

I'm tired and I felt it for a while now.  In this sea of lonely.

It's four o'clock in the fucking morning.  Each day gets more and more like the last day, still I can see it coming, while I'm standing in the river drowning.  This could be my chance to break out, this could be my chance to say goodbye.  At last it's finally over.

Being half-dead wasn't what I planned to be.  Now I'm ready to be free.

So here I am, it's in my hands.  And I'll savor every moment of this.  So here I am, alive at last.

As long as you're alive and care, I promise I will take you there.

147 - Ass Shaker - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

I remember a year ago, I was standing in the crowd, waiting for my chance to break through, my chance to live again.

Come dance with me and don't you fake it.

Connect with me and we'll pretend this night will never end.

I think there's something we can share that's completely new or maybe I'm just insane.

146 - Rum is for Drinking, Not for Burning - Senses Fail

This captain goes down with the ship.

Sail with me into the setting sun.  The battle has been won, but war has just begun.  And as we grow, emotions starts to die.  We need to find a way, just to keep our desire alive.

145 - Always - Blink-182

I've been here before a few times and I'm quite aware we're dying.  And your hands, they shake with goodbyes.  So here I am, I'm trying.  So here I am, are you ready?

Come on let me hold you, touch you, feel you.  Always.  Kiss you, taste you all night, always.

I'll miss your laugh, your smile.  I'll admit I'm wrong, if you'd tell me.  I'm so sick of fights, I hate them.  Let's start this again for real.

144 - Slow Song - Senses Fail

It's 4 AM and we will stalk again.

On the fourth day of July, deep in summer's eye, naked like the truth should always be.

So speak your mind, don't follow with your foot, all this pain here, all comes from your trial.  I won't listen, your memory is bleeding, my lies are faced with blue.

Crying as she's carving in her flesh.

Where my eyes will not sleep.  Watching romance from a far.  See bleeding from the glass on my feet.  Learning that I love the smell of flesh.

It's plain to see the wind beneath the trees.  Flowing free, the summer breeze is sweet but in this place, I'm choked by my own air.  I love the taste of your blackened lips.

143 - Seize the Day - Avenged Sevenfold

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost.  It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over.  I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but I'm too young to worry.

I found you here, now please just stay for a while.  I can move on with you around.  I hand you my mortal life, but will it be forever?  I'd do anything for a smile, holding you 'til our time is done.  We both know the day will come, but I don't want to leave you.

A melody, a memory, or just one picture.

No longer needed here so where do we go?

What if there is no eternal life?

Don't wanna die alone without you here, please tell me what we have is real.

So what if I never hold you or kiss your lips again?  So I never want to leave you; and the memories of us to see.  I beg, don't leave me.

Silence, you lost me, no chance for one more day.

I'm stuck here alone.  Falling away from me, no chance to get back home.

142 - Seein' Red - Unwritten Law

I'm seein' red.  Don't think you'll have to see my face again.  Don't have much time for sympathy, 'cause it never happened to me.  You feeling blue now, I think you bit off more than you could chew.  And now it's time to make a choice.

So follow the leader down and swallow your pride and drown.  When there's no place left to go, maybe that's when you will know.

Foolish lies, well can't you see I tried to compromise.  'Cause what you say ain't always true and I can see the tears in your eyes.  And what you said now can't stop the words from running through my head.  And what I do to get through to you, but you'd only do it again.

Well I confess, I don't know what to make from all this mess.

You feeling down, I don't know where I'll be when you come around.

And all I wanna hear is your voice.

141 - Your Call - Secondhand Serenade

Waiting for your call, I'm sick, call, I'm angry, call, I'm desperate for your voice.  Listening to the song we used to sing in the car, do you remember?

It's playing on repeat, just like when we would meet.

'Cause I was born to tell you "I love you" and I am torn to do what I have to, to make you mine, so stay with me tonight.

I am feeling so ambitious, you and me, flesh to flesh, 'cause every breath that you will take when you're sitting next to me will bring life into my deepest hopes.  What's your fantasy?

I'm tired of being all alone and this solitary moment makes me want to come back home.

I know everything you wanted isn't anything you have.

140 - Line & Sinker - Billy Talent

What you see is what you get, don't ya' know?  Fishing for the answer with a line and sinker.  Look at me and don't forget.  Hard to get a grip with all these broken fingers

Today I don't feel pretty and I'm tired of trying to fit right in.  Don't think you're just so great, 'cause being great must suck.  We don't always see the bright side.  We all need ego suicide.  You hung my head today but I have licked my wounds and carried on.  Everybody needs some sympathy.  Santa seemed to miss my chimney.  Reality is truly scaring me.

My heart is in the right place, so wipe that smirk right off your face.  Don't make me feel like that, 'cause that's just plain not nice.

I lied when I said I was fine.  You slapped my face today.

139 - Still Breathing - Mayday Parade

Give me any reason to believe, 'cause I swear I'm done here.  'Cause I've seen a bigger picture and I'm looking for some answers.  Tell me that it's worth it, 'cause I'm doing all I can to fight it and I've never been this scared and my moment's finally here.

Time's racing, please slow down.  I've gotta find my way out.  I'm hopeless, but hoping my lungs won't fail me now.  'Cause I'm still breathing.

It's hard to be a man, but I'm doing all I can.  I'm ready to give this all I have, I'm ready to be amazed.  'Cause I'm standing here alone, trying to make this life my own.  And nothing will keep this heart from beating.

Promise me some dignity if I were to stand and die here.  'Cause my heart is somewhere else.  It's a pain I've never felt.

Where do we all find love?

138 - Los Angeles - Sugarcult

Want to go, go without a map.  Far away, away, I won't get trapped.

One more holiday I will not celebrate.  I'm almost desperate, 'cause I'm down, I'm down, I'm so beat down.

I want a love, love that won't hit back.  Want sex, sex without a catch.  Want a face, to trust, to feel, to lust.

Want to fuck, fuck, fuck this up.  Gonna feel, feel, feel you up.  Had enough, enough, enough's enough.

Come on, come on, it's alive and breathing.  Come on, come on, come alive today.  Come on, come on it's a heartless beating.

137 - Overrated (Everything Is) - Less Than Jake

Maybe I'm jaded and bored.  Always looking for more.  Wait around for the next big fix, I know, I'm a wreck, I'm a mess, but I couldn't care less.  Don't know what it would take to change me.

Everybody's so afraid to be different.  Please excuse me now if I don't get it.

I think sex is overrated.  So is always getting wasted.  Designer drugs and dead-end jobs and classic rock is so outdated.

How can I be satisfied when everything is overrated?

Maybe the problem is me, but I won't make believe, and I can't take this mediocrity.  What if this is a test and I deserve what I get?  Will I wake up with all the answers?

Everybody's so afraid to be different.  Please excuse me now if I don't listen.

Can't stand the normal.  Can't stand the ordinary.  Find me anything that's extraordinary.  Show me something, show me anything.  Am I the only one?

All my friends and family, they make my life so complicated.  I'm so sick of apathy and TV show reality.

136 - 7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen) - Fall Out Boy

I'll be fixated on one star when the world is crashing down.

I keep telling myself I'm not the desperate type, but you've got me looking through blinds.

Trying to forget everything that isn't you.  I'm not going home alone, 'cause I don't do too well on my own.

The only thing worse than not knowing is you thinking that I don't know.  I'm having another episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment