Friday, March 30, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (89-80)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167
166-152
151-136
135-121
120-110
109-101
100-90


89 - The Ex - Billy Talent

I looked at her face and then I knew she changed.  My heart turned black and then the sky turned gray.

I sat in my room for 27 days, no she never called, I had something to say.

I don't know much and I don't know how.

Why would she put me through such torture?  I would have given my life for her.  She was the one that knocked me over, now I'm alone sitting in the corner.

I heard she's great and her new boyfriend's lame.  She can go to hell, I'll never be the same.

These open wounds will heal with time they say.

88 - You're Not Alone - Saosin

Slowly searching for any sign of the ones he used to love.  He says he's got nothing left to live for and this time I think you'll know.

You're not alone.  There is more to this, I know.  You can make it out, you will live to tell.

87 - St. Jimmy - Green Day

Light of a silhouette, he's insubordinate.  Coming at you on the count of 1,2,1,2,3,4.

My name is Jimmy and you better not wear it out. Suicide commando that your momma talked about. King of the forthy thieves and I'm here to represent this needle in the vein of the establishment.  I'm the patron saint of the denial with an angel face and a taste for suicidal.

I am the son of a bitch and Edgar Allen Poe.  Raised in the city under a halo of lights.

Are you talking to me?  I'll give you something to cry about.

My name is St. Jimmy, I'm a son of a gun, I'm the one that's from the way outside.  I'm a teenage assassin executing some fun in the cult of the life of crime.  I really hate to say it but I told you so, so shut your mouth before I shoot you down ol' boy.  Welcome to the club and give me some blood and the resident leader at the lost and found.  It's comedy and tragedy.  It's St. Jimmy and that's my name.  And don't wear it out.

86 - At Your Funeral - Saves the Day

This song will become the anthem of your underground.  You're two floors down getting high in the back room.  If I flooded out your house, do you think you'd make it out or would you burn up before the water filled your lungs?

At your funeral I will sing the requiem.

I'd offer you my hand, it would hurt too much to watch you die.

85 - Underclass Hero - Sum 41

Now I don't believe, ain't got faith in nothing.  Stand on my own, ain't got sympathy.  Wasting the youth, while being young and useless.  Speak for yourself and don't pray for me.

We're doing fine and we don't need to be told that we're doing fine, 'cause we won't give you control.  And we don't need anything from you, 'cause we'll be just fine and we won't be bought and sold just like you.

Calling out loud with no respect.  I'm not the one, just another reject.  I'm the voice to offend all those who pretend.  Unsung against the grain, I'm here to rise against.  Now I'm desensitized, I state my place in nowhere.  Burning the flag of the generation, everyone sing the anthem of no future.  Down with the mass 'cause we're not listening.

May I have your attention please?  I pledge allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large.

We're the saints of degeneration.  We don't owe anyone an explanation.  Fuck elitists, we don't need this.  We're the elite of just alright.

84 - Perfect Situation - Weezer

What's the deal with my brain?  Why am I so obviously insane?  In a perfect situation, I let love down the drain.  There's the pitch, slow and straight, all I have to do is swing and I'm a hero, but I'm a zero.  Hungry nights, once again, now it's getting unbelievable.  'Cause I could not have it better, but I just can't get no play from the girls, all around, as they search the night for someone to hold on to.  And I just pass through.

Get your hands off the girl.  Can't you see that she belongs to me and I don't appreciate this excess company?  Though I can't satisfy all the needs she has and so she starts to wander.  Can you blame her?

Tell me there's a logic out there, leading me to better prepare, for the day that something really special might come.  Tell me there's some hope for me.  I don't wanna be lonely for the rest of my days on the Earth.

83 - When Your Heart Stops Beating - (+44)

Turn it up, I never wanna go home, I only wanna be part of your breakdown.  She got caught by the four on the floor and picked her up and she'll never get let down.  And now I can't stop thinking about, all you people at the top don't know nothing about it.  We don't give a fuck what the price is, so just leave us to our own devices and we'll leave you alone.

I'll be there when your heart stops beating.  I'll be there when your last breath's taken away.  In the dark when there's no one listening, in the times when we both get carried away.

She says it all without a thought in her head, she says it all and she's pressed up against me.  A little something just to take off the edge, a little more and I'll fall off the planet entirely.

82 - Snake Charmer - Blink-182

I felt a stutter and a waiver, cutting like a razor, like fire through the snow, then straight down to the bone.  She creeps up like a spider and wants you deep inside her.  She turns you into stone, a twisted little show.

That's how it was to all begin, 'cause good girls they like to sin.  Way back at the starting line, when Eve was on Adam's mind.  And he was the first to go in search of the great unknown and falling yet again.

You are a hero and survivor.  Your eyes are getting tired.  There's claw marks up your spine, it happens all the time.  Those silent evil daughters, like sirens on the water.  You bend the perfect crime, it happens all the time.

Falling yet again.

81 - Holiday From Real - Jack's Mannequin

My hair is growing long.  Fuck yeah, we can live like this.  But if you left it up to me, every day would be a holiday from real.  We'd waste our weeks beneath the sun, we'd fry our brains and say it's so much fun out there.  But when it's all over, I'll come back for another year.

It's a picture of perfection and the postcard's gonna read "Fuck yeah, we can live like this."

The trouble we can get in, so let's screw this one up right.

80 - Vanilla Twilight - Owl City

The stars lean down to kiss you and I lie awake and miss you.  Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere.  'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly, but I'll miss your arms around me.  I'd send a postcard to you, dear, 'cause I wish you were here.

I'll watch the night turn light blue, but it's not the same without you, because it takes two to whisper quietly.  The silence isn't so bad, 'til I look at my hands and feel sad, 'cause the spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly.

I'll find repose in new ways, though I haven't slept in two days, 'cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone.  But drenched in vanilla twilight, I'll sit on the front porch all night.  Waist-deep in thought because when I think of you, I don't feel so alone.

As many times as I blink, I'll think of you tonight.

I'll forget the world that I knew, but I swear I won't forget you.  Oh, if my voice could reach back through the past.  I'd whisper in your ear, oh, darling, I wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment