Monday, March 26, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (135-121)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167
166-152
151-136

135 - Cheating Myself - School Boy Humor

We'll sing just a little bit slower so she'll hang on to every single word.  Over these past few years I feel like I've been cheating myself.  I'm working hard all the time, you take the easy way out.  Over these past few years I've tasted who you're going to be.  Candy-coated on top, but so bitter underneath.

I know she'll never change.

No one said it didn't hurt and everybody knows good things take a little work so don't go giving up on the one, the one you love.

Over these past few years we've driven right into a dead-end and we'll keep spinning our tires until one of us gives in.  And we're approaching the question that I feel like we should ask.  Should we just catch different rides or just keep fixing the flats?

So close your eyes girl and tell me what you see.  The lives that we've created were all because of me.  So listen closely girl, 'cause our future is at stake, the reason we are ending is because I give, you take.  Close your eyes and tell me what you see.  A problem that's unchanging, a past that's haunting me.

134 - The Saddest Song - The Ataris

I remember waiting for you to come.  Remember waiting, for you to call.  Remember waiting there to find nothing at all.

Maybe someday, you'll really get to know me.

I pray I get the chance to make it up to you.  We got a lot of catching up to do.

Forgive me, I'm so sorry.  I will make it up to you.

133 - I'd Hate to Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About - Mayday Parade

And we both go down together, we'd stay there forever, just try to get up.  And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy.  When I asked you, believe me, and never let go.  

Well I'm thinking of the worst things, that I could say to you, but a promise doesn't mean a thing anymore.  And this never will be right with me and now you're trying desperately, but I'm tongue-tied and terrified of what I'll say.

I could only sing you sad songs and you could sing-along.  And you could see the melody that's been calling out your wrongs.

I never told you everything.  I'm losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way.

I let go.

132 - Damn Rough Night - Artist vs. Poet

It's gonna be a damn rough night for the designated driver, 'cause it's me and whoever and you know we won't remember.  Sorry for what I'm 'bout to do, turning 21 is a bitch to go through.

Before we take a drink, let's toast to the "never have I ever's" 'cause tonight is the night that we'll talk about forever.  So take my keys and hide my cell phone, if I turn into trouble, at least I warned you.  Let's recap and get caught up, no one said enough's enough.  I let go the better part of me.

I guess I had a damn rough night, I'm still piecing it together.  There's a girl in my bed and I haven't even met her.  I had a damn rough night and I can't even remember.  Threw my clothes in the fire and I turned into a streaker.

Was a total disaster and now I'm fading faster.

I pass the time until I feel alive and I am not like this all the time.

And if I had the chance, you know I'd do it all again.

Looks like I had a damn rough night.

They say I had a damn rough night.

131 - Too Good to Be - New Found Glory

I wonder what life would be like if my shoulder could bare the weight of all this adding up, I feel the breaking point, it's close enough, it's feeling real again.

You have my heart in your hands.  You have my heart, so don't, don't let it go.  Check my pressure, patch me right up.  You're too good to be.

It's true, we both make sacrifices, there's proof, it came as no surprise.  It boiled up as we always let it do, we made it through again.

130 - Jet Lag - Simple Plan

I miss you more than anything.  Back at home you feel so far, waiting for the phone to ring.

Going out of my head alone in this bed.

I miss you so bad and my heart, heart, heart is so jet lagged.

I hate the thought of you alone.  I've been keeping busy all the time, just to try to keep you off my mind.

Turn the hour hand back to when you were holding me.

129 - Try Honesty - Billy Talent

Well I tripped, I fell down naked.  Well I scratched my knees, they bled.  Sew up my eyes, need no more, in our game there is no score.

Try honesty.

I'm insane, it's your fault, so sly.  Your well of lies ran dry.  And I cut the chord, free fall, from so high we seem so small.

128 - Hide and Seek - Nonpoint

So much for making up rules while we're playing.  Who cares about the rules anyway?  They're for mindless fools and child's play.  This time, yeah this time it's my turn, it's not your turn.

What I seek, I'm not finding.  Ready or not.

Why should it make sense?  Why are you so unspontaneous?  And why does your way sound the same as yesterday?

Why are you jealous, overbearing, overzealous?  What for?  Is it the lost memory of all those games with me?  All those games you played on me.

127 - Dark Blue - Jack's Mannequin

I have you breathing down my neck, breaking down my neck.  I don't, don't know what you could possibly expect under this condition so I'll wait, I'll wait for the ambulance to come, ambulance to come pick us up off the floor.

Slow down, this night's a perfect shade of dark blue, dark blue. Have you ever been alone in a crowded room, when I'm here with you?

I said the world could be burning 'til there's nothing but dark blue.  Just dark blue.

This flood is slowly rising up, swallowing the ground beneath my feet.  Tell me how anybody thinks under this condition, so I'll swim, I'll swim as the water rises up, the sun sinking down.  And now all I can see are the planets in a row, suggesting it's best that I slow down.

It was me and you, this could last forever, and the whole town under water.  There was nothing we could do.

If you've ever bee alone in the dark blue.  If you've ever been alone, you'll know.

126 - Spin - Taking Back Sunday

That look was priceless, don't let me get carried away.  I've seen it before and it still suits you the same.  You catch on quick.

Are you coming home?  You had your chance.

Open arms reject assuming hands.

It's nothing that I'm proud of, I'm making an example out of you.  This is phase one, this is a preview.

Sure it's rough arond the edges, it's the only thing you see.  Don't act like you don't see me, darling.

125 - It's Not Your Fault - New Found Glory

There were rapid statements about life commitments.  A sense of heat that I couldn't bare to touch, I couldn't bare it.

It's not your fault so please stop your crying now.

A face wrapped for a suitor.  The sound of hearts pumping at the same beat.

Now you wait for something to cure this.  Well I'm here under your downpour.

124 - Anywhere But Here - Mayday Parade

Tonight is the one thing left and I haven't said it yet, I'm falling and the writing's on the wall.  Today was misery and I just can't believe this happened and I've finally broke down.  She held onto my heart but now my only star is falling.  It's burning to the ground.  Now I'm crying out.

Secret love, my escape, take me far, far away.  Secret love, are you there?  Will you answer my prayer?  Please take me anywhere but here.

You're all I've got right now.  No one else figures out this feeling and how lonely it can get.  These words can cut right through, 'cause all along I've known you're sorry but you haven't said it yet.  But I won't forget.

When we're together, thoughts of her disappear.  If I fell to pieces, you'd heal this pain I feel.

123 - Right Now - SR-71

Slowly driving me insane but now that's over.  So what if the sex was great, just a temporary escape.  Another thing I grew to hate.

Why do you always kick me when I'm high.  Knock me down 'till we see eye-to-eye.  Figured her out, I know she may not be Miss Right, but she'll do it right now.

I used to hang on every word.  Each lie was more absurd.  Kept me so insecure.

She taught me how to trust and to believe in us.  And then she taught me how to cuss, that bitch, it's over.  I used to be such a nice boy.

122 - Our Revolution - Halifax

We are famous faces, we are legends of the underground.

So sit back, waste your life away.  Well I want to hear you say.

Hell yeah.  Get up, get up, get up and sing it.  If rock and roll is dead, the dead will come undone.

They say I kiss to kill, I just do it for the fun.

Snow White's already kissed me.

121 - You Won't Hear This - Envy on the Coast

It's a quarter past four, I packed my bags with less things than we hold in conversation, if that's even possible.  The fact that I could write this song and you can't speak a word.

You're not my baby, oh baby, and maybe I'm crazy, yeah.  I don't want to have to write, oh baby, don't want to have to write to you.  But you made me, you made me.  Because you never changed.

I think I'll move somewhere inviting, where my heart's not being lied to, 'cause I'll keep on trying.  But you can't change anymore, so put that smile behind your lack of effort, it's the only thing that shows anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment