Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (223-210)

     Started up this little project yesterday.  Here's the next batch, 223-210.


223 - Pain - Three Days Grace

Pain, without love.

I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all.

You're sick of feeling numb.  You're not the only one.  I'll take you by the hand and I'll show you a world that you can understand.  This life is filled with hurt, when happiness doesn't work.

You know I'm always here for you.

222 - Rough Landing, Holly - Yellowcard

And still I can't get out, she's all I think about.  Can't let her go, it's who you know.

All she found was trouble in my eyes.  From the sky she pulled me down tonight.  Let her go.

She moves fast, takes control.  And like a heart attack, I know I can't turn back.  And time just passed, nights moved slow.  And she was all I had, I thought I'd never last.

I love that sound so give me one more line.

221 - Stealing Society - System of a Down

Two skies watching it all fading.

When I feel like talking, I'll never be wrong.

Just a stupid motherfucker, if I die, I die.  I'm a midnight fist fight.

220 - Vulnerable - Secondhand Serenade

Share with me the blankets that you're wrapped in.  Because it's cold outside, it's cold outside.  Share with me the secrets that you kept in.  Because it's cold inside, it's cold inside.

And your slowly shaking fingertips show that you're scared like me so, let's pretend we're alone.  And I know you may be scared and I know we're unprepared.  But I don't care.

Tell me, tell me, what makes you think that you are invincible?  I can see it in your eyes that you're so sure.  Please don't tell that I'm the only one that's vulnerable.  Impossible.

I was born to tell you I love you.  Isn't that a song already?  I get a B in originality.  And it's true I can't go on without you.  Your smile makes me see clearer, if you could only see in the mirror, what I see.

Maybe I'm much more, you never know what lies ahead.  I promise I can be anyone, I can be anything.

I promise I can be what you need.

219 - About Falling - Say Anything

Never again.

The tide rolls by and I wonder why I felt inclined to try.  My starry eyes were plucked for sacrifice.

I don't wanna get lost in the ocean.

I don't really even care if I'm alone now and I don't even give a damn about falling in love.

Why aren't you waiting for me?

218 - Hello Tomorrow - Zebrahead

Hello tomorrow and goodbye to yesterday.  We've been waiting for this moment and we still don't know what to say.  We may never find the answers or know the reason why.  Why we both decided we should say goodbye.

If you are going, please let me stay.  You bring me down when I'm getting high.

1-2-3 times you've broken me.  

I won't bleed like this forever.  I'm down to ride but my wings are severed.

I'm stuck in hell, you're on vacation

.I've been waiting, waiting for the day.  I'm still waiting for tomorrow, tired of living in yesterday.

Waiting for the day I'd be over you.

You're like my anchor, got me sinking.

Say goodbye now and mean it forever.  Got to move on and keep it together.  Forget the things that you've said and you've done.  That's in the past, here comes the sun.

217 - The Town That You Live In - Sherwood

I must say, it's a nice day.

You're my friend, for the weekend.

And tonight I walk through an empty street with my shadow stretching in front of me.  When my lonely thoughts meet my lonely feet and the cold reminds me that I've chosen this life.

So hang up the phone 'cause you're probably better alone.

216 - You're Cute When You Scream - Senses Fail

Fuck with my heart, I'll teach you what it's like to be so used.

Just the scent of you is enough to make me sick.

All I know is revenge is sweet.

You know that you are worthless and I am better than the games that you play princess.

I'll take my time to slowly plot your end.  But now I will spit bullets with my pen.

I'll take you to the top of this building and just push you off.  Run down the stairs so I can see your face as you hit the street.

Here's your kiss goodbye.

215 - Call It Karma - Silverstein

Blame it on the weather, but I'm a mess.  And this February darkness has me hating everyone.  And I know I need your comfort but this drama makes me sick.  And the longer I lay here I know it's harder to get up without you.

Lose another day here, lose another year here.  I'm with you.

The further that I run away, the further I'll come back to shelter.

You are the fire on my apartment floor.  Sixteen stories, I'd rather burn than fall.

Goodbye old friend.  Goodbye, goodnight.

Don't be sad, 'cause life goes on, life goes on.  It's getting too late.  Tomorrow is here.

I'll move on.  You'll call it fate, I'll call it karma.  We had our time, it was fun while it lasted.

214 - Ice - Lights

My mouth is frozen so I can't even speak.  What a disappointment, I had it perfectly.  What I was going to bring up suddenly.  Stood like a stone as you stood quietly.  You're making it hard for me, all I can do is freeze.

What I mean is, all I need is, just a little emotion.  'Cause all I see is you not feeling and you're giving me nothing nice.  I tried to do you right, why'd you have to go and turn to ice?

I don't think you're knowing how hard this is for me.  I'm not the type to say sorry constantly.  So I swallowed my pride and I got on my knees, but still you just stood there as you stared at me.  

Your ego is getting old.  How did you get so cold?

I'm looking at you looking at me, what can I do but say sorry?  It's a little late but you know I just want you to be happy.  What I got to say to make you let me get away with it this time.  I know you're upset and that you're happy just to sit and hate me, but I'll make a bet that you'll be better to forget about me.  Even better yet, I'll let a little light melt the ice.

213 - Punk Rawk Show - MxPx

We ain't got no place to go, so let's go to the punk rock show.  Darling take me by the hand, we're gonna see a punk rock band.

I wanna get into the crowd, I wanna hear it played real loud.

212 - Blue and Yellow - The Used

It's a feeling that you cannot miss and it burns a hole through everyone that feels it.

You're never gonna find it if you're looking for it.  Won't come your way.

Should've done something but I've done it enough, by the way your hands were shaking, rather waste some time with you.

You never would have thought it in the end.  How amazing it feels just to live again.

211 - The Approaching Curve - Rise Against

The skyline was glowing faintly with vague hints of an impending dawn.

She hadn't so much as turned the steering wheel two degrees in the last twenty minutes, nor had we spoken.

They'll remember only our smiles 'cause that's all they've seen.  Long since dried, when we are found, are the tears in which we had drowned.  As we were, so perfect, so happy.

Up ahead there was a curve approaching.  She made no indications of slowing.

210 - Soldier Side - System of a Down

Maybe you're a joker, maybe you deserve to die.

God is wearing black.  He's gone so far to find no hope, he's never coming back.

There is no one here but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment