Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Favorite Songs of All-Time (109-101)

238-224
223-210
209-196
195-182
181-167
166-152
151-136
135-121
120-110


109 - Lady in the Blue Dress - Senses Fail

I'll put a little sour in your sweet.  You've got so much fucking tongue-in-cheek.  You want what you could never have.

You say that you want respect.  Well then you'd better get some for yourself, 'cause all that I see right now is someone who's lost and insecure.

Your points are trite and I'm too sober to deal with you running over your same pathetic cliche lines.

Don't try to be cute with me, 'cause I know you hate yourself.  And you'd end your stupid life now, but you're too spineless.

108 - Car Underwater - Armor for Sleep

Believe the news, I'm gone for good.  Call off the search, no one will know that I'm down here.  Believe the note I left for you.  You can't turn back the clocks, you can't pull me up from here, so don't try.

I'm in a car underwater with time to kill, thinking back I forgot to tell you this.  I didn't care that you left and abandoned me, what hurts more is I would still die for you.

Make time slower, give me longer.  It's too late for me, no one will know that I'm down here.  And believe your dreams of me sinking so far below, you can't pull me up from here so don't try.

Leave it up to me to burden you again.  This one's not your fault.  Please forgive me.  Don't think back, don't think back of me at all.  Just let me go.

107 - You Had Me at Hello - A Day to Remember

I'm missing you so much.

I know these times are hard and I feel this too.  None of that ever seems to matter when I'm holding you.  And I'm wasting away, away from you.

What have I gotten into this time around?  I know that I had sworn that I'd never trust anyone again, but I didn't have to.  You had me at hello.

I've never seen a smile that can light the room like yours.  It's simply radiant, I see it more with everyday that goes by.  I watch the clock to make my timing just right.  Would it be okay, would it be okay if I took your breath away?

106 - Until the Day I Die - Story of the Year

Until the day I die, I'll spill my heart for you.

As years go by, I race the clock with you. But if you died right now, you know that I'd die too, I'd die too. You remind me of the times when I knew who I was, when I knew who I was. But still the second hand will catch us, like it always does.  We'll make the same mistakes, take the fall for you.  Hope you need this now, I know I still do.

Should I bite my tongue until blood soaks my shirt?  Never fall apart, so tell me why this hurts so much.  My hands are at your throat and I think I hate you, but we'll say "Remember when" just like we always do.

We made the same mistakes, mistakes like friends do.

105 - Life Less Frightening - Rise Against

Suffering from something, we're not sure of in a world there is no cure for these lives we live. Test negative for happiness, flat line, no pulse, but eyes open.  Single file like soldiers on a mission.  If there's no war outside our heads, why are we losing?

I don't ask for much.  Truth be told, I'd settle for a life less frightening.

Hang me out to dry.  I'm soaking with the sins of knowing what's gone wrong, but doing nothing.  I still run.  Time again I found myself stuttering, foundations pulled out from under me.  This breath is wasted on them all.  Will someone answer me?

Is there a God tonight, up in the sky, or is it empty just like me?  A place where we can hide out from the night, where you are all I see.  So blow a kiss goodbye, then close your eyes, tell me what you see.  A lifetime spent inside this dream of mine, where you are all I see.

104 - Detroit - Fireworks

You don't need maps when you know where the sidewalk cracks.

Let's walk everywhere we can tonight.  It's dark but I tend to see more clearly in this light.  Being too angry at the age of sixteen turns your early twenties to one of those dreams where you can't find what you're looking for.  We were over-thinking again.  Bikes ride faster at 3 AM.  It's still enough for me.

We pray for the worst things, making presidential threats when the phone would ring to prove no one in the sky or behind the lines cares we're alive.

103 - Anthem Part Two - Blink-182

Everything has fallen to pieces.  Earth is dyin', help me Jesus.  We need guidance, we've been misled.  Young and hostile but not stupid.

We really need to see this through.  We never wanted to be abused.  We'll never give up, it's no use.  If we're fucked up, you're to blame.

Let this train wreck burn more slowly.

102 - Superman - Goldfinger

So here I am doing everything I can.  Holding on to what I am, pretending I'm a Superman.  

I'm trying to keep the ground on my feet.  Seems the world is falling down around me.  The night's are long, I'm singing this song, trying to make the answers more a maybe.  And I'm so confused, I've got a lot to do.  Sometimes I want to throw it all away.

So here I am, growing older all the time, looking older all the time, feeling younger in my mind.

I'm trying to sleep, I lost count of sheep.  My mind is raching faster every minute.  What could I do more?  Yeah, I'm really not sure.  I don't want to run in cricles but I can't quit.

Controlling everything inside, feeling weak, I don't feel right.  Telling me I have to change, telling me to act my age.  But if all that I can do, is to sit and watch time go.  Then I'll have to say goodbye and I'll be sure to watch time fly.

101 - Can't Catch Tomorrow (Good Shoes Won't Save You This Time) - Lostprophets

I'm sure I've seen this look before, done a thousand times and a million more.  How many lies did he tell this time?  How many times did he cross the line?  It won't help me, but I have to ask, is there something real that's behind the mask?  Something true we don't know about?  A little faith in amongst the doubt.  And maybe someday you will grow.  Maybe someday you will know.  Maybe someday you will end these tears and go.

A little piece of me grows old, I keep on walking down this road.  I've seen a million people change, but I will stay the same.

You're never gonna catch tomorrow.

I'm sure I've played this scene before, I've seen this room and I've walked this floor.  I'm sure I used to hold your hand.  Did I hurt you?  All this attitude with no history.  All this anger when you're attacking me.  Got a lot to learn and you need to know that your time is up, kid, let it go.

Yeah the haircut's hot, but this has gotta stop, good shoes won't save you this time.  I think you're gonna find with everything combined that the time's running out of this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment