Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Song(s) of the Day

Summer Paradise - Simple Plan
My heart is sinking as I'm lifting up above the clouds away from you.  And I can't believe I'm leaving, oh I don't know what I'm gonna do.  But someday, I will find my way back to where your name is written in the sand.

'Cause I remember every sunset, I remember every word you said.  We were never gonna say goodbye.  Tell me how to get back to, back to summer paradise with you and I'll be there in a heartbeat.

My soul is broken, streets are frozen.  I can't stop these feelings melting through.

I'd give away a thousands days just to have another one with you.

I remember sunny morning and summer evenings.  Now you're not next to me and I am freezing.  Was it real?

Now my heartbeat is sinking, hope's shrinking.  When I try to speak no words, lip-syncing.  Hope this is not just wisful thinking, tell me that you care and I'll be there in a heartbeat.

I remember when we first kissed.  How I didn't wanna leave your lips and how I've never ever felt so high.
Last Chance to Lose Your Keys - Brand New
You told me you can't wait to see me and you didn't bother to even show up.  This whole situation is incredibly typical, I should have seen it all along.  

It's girls like you that make me think I'm better off home on a Saturday night with all my doors locked up tight.

You call me on the phone and you don't even want to talk.  You're staring at me from across the room then turn your back when I walk up.  We got inches away and I never even got close.

Don't bother to look in my direction.

Forget everything you think you know about me.  This isn't high school.
Break Apart Her Heart - Good Charlotte
When you call, she doesn't answer.  When you write, she doesn't answer.  You go out, you see him with her, she told you she was sick at home.  The ring you gave her thrown away with all the letters and when you see him with her, he doesn't even care at all.

As she follows him around like you follow her around and he doesn't even care and you're figuring out.  The only way you're gonna keep somebody around, well I'm about to let you know...

There's something I don't wanna understand, the only way a woman is gonna want a man, the only way you'll ever keep her in your hands is breaking apart her heart.  Don't tell her she is the reason that you live, don't give her everything that you got to give.  If you want to keep the girl for as long as you live, just break it apart, her heart.

Can't you see the way she's crying.  Well that's what keeps her trying, she knew that she could have you and he don't give her what she wants.  There's truth about this, you say you want to be noticed.  Well if you want to be noticed you gotta learn to break some hearts.  Don't try to understand.

Can't you see what you've done?  What I've become?

I don't understand this cruelty.  I don't understand but now I see.
I Swear This Time I Mean It - Mayday Parade
Look how she's so serene.

I want to keep her dreaming, it's my one wish, I won't forget this.

I'm outdated, overrated.  Morning seems so far away.

So I'll sing a melody and hope to God she's listening, sleeping softly while I sing.  And I'll be your memories, your lullaby for all the times.  Hoping that my voice could get it right.

If luck is on my side tonight, my clumsy tongue will make it right.  And wrists that touch, it isn't much, but it's enough.

Forget your scares, we'll forget mind.  The hours change so fast, oh God, please make this last.

You could crush me.  Please don't crush me.  'Cause baby I'm a dreamer, for sure.  And I won't let you down.  I swear this time I mean it.
Vanilla Twilight - Owl City
I lie awake and miss you.

I'll doze off safe and soundly, but I'll miss your arms around me.  I'd send a postcard to you, dear.  'Cause I wish you were here.

I'll watch the night turn light blue, but it's not the same without you.  Because it takes two to whisper quietly.

The silence isn't so bad, 'til I look at my hands and feel sad.  'Cause the spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly.

I haven't slept in two days, 'cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone.  But drenched in vanilla twilight, I'll sit on the front porch all night.  Waist-deep in thought because when I think of you, I don't feel so alone.

As many times as I blink. I'll think of you tonight.

I'll forget the world I know, but I swear I won't forget you.  Oh, if my voice could reach back through the past.  I'd whisper in your eay, oh darling, I wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment