Thursday, March 8, 2012

Song(s) of the Day

Fix You - Coldplay
When you try your best, but you don't succeed.  When you get what you want, but not what you need.  When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep.  Stuck in reverse.

And the tears come streaming down your face.  When you lose something you can't replace.  When you love someone, but it goes to waste.  Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones.  And I will try to fix you.

And high up above or down below.  When you're too in love to let it go, but if you never try you'll never know just what you're worth.

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes.

No, It Isn't - (+44)
This is where the road, crashed into the ocean.  It rises all around me and now we're barely breathing.  A thousand faces we'll choose to ignore.

Curse my enemies forever, let's slit our wrists and burn down something beautiful.

I listen to you cry, a cry for less attention.  But both my hands are tied and I'm pushed into the deep end.  I listen to you talk but talk is cheap.  And my mouth is filled with blood, from trying not to speak.  So search for an excuse, and someone to believe you.

Lay rotting where I fall.  I'm dead from bad intentions.  Suffocated and embalmed and now all our dreams are cashed in.  You swore you wouldn't lose then lost your brain.  You make a sound that feels like pain.

Make You Smile - (+44)
The last time I saw you, you turned away.

I said 'hello' but you kept on walking.

Do you remember where we used to sleep at night?

I couldn't feel you, you're always so far away.

I don't, don't wanna take you home.  Please don't, don't make me sleep alone.  If I could, I'd only want to make you smile.  If you would stay with me a while.

The next time I see you, you'll turn away.  I'll say 'hello' and you'll keep on walking.

All That I've Got - The Used
Off-guard, red-handed, now I'm far from lonely.  Asleep, I still see you lying next to me.

I need something else.  Would someone please just give me.  Hit me, knock me out and let me go back to sleep.  I can laugh all I want, inside I still am empty.

I'll be just fine, pretending I'm not.  I'm far from lonely and it's all that I've got.

I guess, I remember every glance you shot me.

So deep that it didn't even bleed and catch me.  So deep that I didn't even scream, fuck me.

Fireflies - Owl City
I'd like to make myself believe, that planet Earth turns slowly.  It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep.  'Cause everything is never as it seems.

Leave my door open just a crack.  Please take me away from here.  'Cause I feel like such an insomniac.

Why do I tire of counting sheep?

I'm far too tired to fall asleep.

I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes.  I got misty eyes as they said farewell.

My dreams are bursting at the seams.

I'm Ready - Jack's Mannequin
And today was a day just like any other.

I'm on the verge, unraveling with every word.  With every word you say, make me believe.

As I'm finding the words, you're getting away.

I come undone, oh yes I do.  Just think of all the thoughts wasted on you.  And every word you say, say something sweet.  'Cause all I taste is blood between my teeth.

Well I'm ready, I'm ready to drop.  Oh, I'm ready, I'm ready so don't stop.  I'm ready so don't stop, keep pushing.  I'm ready to fall, oh, I'm ready.  I'm ready so don't call, I'm ready so don't call.

I am aware, I've been misled.  I disconnect my heart, my head.  Don't wanna recognize when things go bad.  The things that you'll accept, except that I am finding the words...

My life has become a boring pop song and everyone's singing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment