Saturday, March 10, 2012

Song(s) of the Day

Jealousy - Good Charlotte
For every lie I ever told, for every line I ever sold.  For everyone I ever hurt before.  I could always find a good excuse, I could always find something to use.  I could always find a way out of the truth.  Well it used to feel okay inside, to get in their face and tell these lies.  But not today, I'm breaking free.

Jealousy, look what you've done.  You've got a hold of me, you've made me become.  Thought I'd never be, what I'm running from.  This jealousy look what it's done.

I swear that I've been waiting, I've been waiting to say...

You rip apart my insides, you know that I can't sleep.  You tear apart my whole life, you take the best of me.

You Won't Hear This - Envy on the Coast
It's a quarter past four, I packed my bags with less things than we hold in conversation, if that's even possible.  I wish it weren't true, the fact that I could write this song and you can't speak a word.

And maybe, I'm crazy.

Don't want to have to write to you.  But you made me, you made me.  Because you never changed.

I think I'll move somewhere inviting, where my heart's not being lied to, 'cause I'll keep on trying.  But you can't change anymore, so put that smile behind your lack of effort, it's the only thing that shows anyway.

You'll never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment