Saturday, October 15, 2011

Song of the Day

     Technically this song of the day is for October 14th but I kind of forgot to post it when I got home from work.  I plopped on the couch and watched some Netflix while playing NBA 2K12.  Anywho, the song of the day is from one of my favorite bands and I'm pretty shocked it has taken this long for them to pop up on this tally.  Say Anything debuts on the song of the day with Admit It!!!.  Just a classic case of a song being stuck in my head even though I hadn't even listened to it.  The lyrics in this song are fantastic.  Just a big "Fuck you" to all the so-called "hipsters" of the world who act like they're so different and independent minded, when in reality, they've just fallen into a different type of stereotype.  Only this stereotype is not self-aware.  I can't stand judgmental people and this song gives a middle finger to everyone who thinks they have the right to judge others.  I fully expect Say Anything to add multiple tallies in the future, they're too awesome and Max Bemis is too good a singer for them not to.

Song of the Day Tally:
Blink-182 - 6 (Kaleidoscope, Reckless Abandon, Love is Dangerous, After Midnight, Feeling This, Wishing Well)
A Day to Remember - 5 (All I Want, All Signs Point to Lauderdale, It's Complicated, 2nd Sucks, Sticks & Bricks)
All Time Low - 2 (Remembering Sunday, Painting Flowers)
Say Anything - 1 (Admit It!!!)
Mayday Parade - 1 (Terrible Things)
Set Your Goals - 1 (Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On)
Madina Lake - 1 (Me vs. the World)
Four Year Strong - 1 (So Much for the Afterglow)
Boys Like Girls - 1 (Five Minutes to Midnight)
School Boy Humor - 1 (Camera Shy)
Armor For Sleep - 1 (Car Underwater)
The Ready Set - 1 (Airplanes)
Vegas Wake Up - 1 (Last Friday Night)

No comments:

Post a Comment