Saturday, October 8, 2011

Song of the Day

     Today's song of the day is from a band I don't even really like all that much.  The Ready Set did a cover of Airplanes that appeared in Punk Goes Pop 3 and it isn't a bad song, it's catchy enough, but for some reason unbeknownst to me, I woke up with it stuck in my head.  I remember seeing The Ready Set live in July at Warped Tour and being very underwhelmed.  I was surrounded by a hoard of teenage girls damn near finger banging themselves while they were performing their auto-tuned tracks.  I'm not a fan of auto-tuning, but for this song, I'd say it works.  Can almost guarantee we won't see another tally for song of the day from the band The Ready Set, though.

Song of the Day Tally:
Blink-182 - 4 (Kaleidoscope, Reckless Abandon, Love is Dangerous, After Midnight)
A Day to Remember - 4 (All I Want, All Signs Point to Lauderdale, It's Complicated, 2nd Sucks)
All Time Low - 2 (Remembering Sunday, Painting Flowers)
Mayday Parade - 1 (Terrible Things)
Set Your Goals - 1 (Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On)
Madina Lake - 1 (Me vs. the World)
Four Year Strong - 1 (So Much for the Afterglow)
School Boy Humor - 1 (Camera Shy)
The Ready Set - 1 (Airplanes)
Vegas Wake Up - 1 (Last Friday Night)

No comments:

Post a Comment