Monday, November 7, 2011

Song of the Day

     Here's a cool change of pace, yeah?  That Ain't Classy by Classified is a hip-hop song I discovered on the Madden NFL 12 soundtrack.  I'm not a huge rap junkie, used to love it in my younger years, but I've since grown out of it.  I really can't get into the mainstream rap nowadays, which is particularly why I enjoy this song.  The lyrics kind of poke fun at the stereotypical hip-hop genre presented to us and rappers in our day and age.
But jeez, we dont need another hero, I relate to real people not these self-centered weirdos. Flamboyant wannabe, oh so flashy, if you ask me that really isn't classy. You'll never see me with my sunglasses on in the club dancing on tables to my own song, getting buzzed. And you never see me with a couple bottles of Chris, trying to pick up on a chick like "Bitch, you want this?" That ain't classy.
- You never see me lose it trying to justify my music at award shows 'cause I didn't win, I know it.  I'm adamant, I won't become extravagant...
     Credit goes to this guy, Classified, as well as I should mention Kid Cudi, who make hip-hop music with lyrics that actually have some depth to it rather than the crap presented to us on radio stations.  In that final line, Classified is obviously ripping on Kanye West which I love.  I used to adore Kanye, I listened to his College Dropout album years ago and was REALLY into it, knew all the lyrics.  Then he got bigger and his music got shitty, I think.  That's why if I'm listening to rap, albeit pretty rarely, it's gonna be lesser known guys with some substance to them.

Song of the Day Tally:
Blink-182 - 10 (Kaleidoscope, Reckless Abandon, Love is Dangerous, After Midnight (3x), Feeling This, Wishing Well, Story of a Lonely Guy, I Miss You)
A Day to Remember - 8 (All I Want, All Signs Point to Lauderdale, It's Complicated, 2nd Sucks, Sticks & Bricks, If I Leave, You Had Me at Hello, Out of Time)
Say Anything - 7 (Admit It!!!, Do Better, Crush'd, Hate EveryoneDeath for My Birthday, A Walk Through Hell, Colorblind)
The Lonely Island - 4 (Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde, Motherlover, The Creep, Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions
All Time Low - 2 (Remembering Sunday, Painting Flowers)
Mayday Parade - 2 (Terrible Things, I Swear This Time I Mean It)
Secondhand Serenade - 2 (Stranger, Your Call)
Sum 41 - 1 (With Me)
Set Your Goals - 1 (Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On)
Simple Plan - 1 (When I'm Gone)
Halifax - 1 (Nightmare) 
Lights - 1 (Cactus in the Valley)
Madina Lake - 1 (Me vs. the World)
Four Year Strong - 1 (So Much for the Afterglow)
Boys Like Girls - 1 (Five Minutes to Midnight)
School Boy Humor - 1 (Camera Shy)
Armor For Sleep - 1 (Car Underwater)
Marilyn Manson - 1 (This Is Halloween) 
The Ready Set - 1 (Airplanes)
Classified - 1 (That Ain't Classy)
Vegas Wake Up - 1 (Last Friday Night)
Downstait - 1 (I Came to Play)

No comments:

Post a Comment