Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Song of the Day

     Another song that is a bit out of the norm for me, but today I just could not get enough of Knockin by Travis Barker.  The song is off the album Give the Drummer Some which was the first solo album for my favorite drummer, solo meaning he wasn't playing with Blink-182, (+44), Box Car Racer, or The Transplants.  The lead artist written on the album art is just Travis Barker himself.  This is definitely a hip hop driven album, with a slew of different popular artists being featured in the songs.  Knockin is no exception as the beat is driven by Barker on the drums and the vocals/rapping are done by Dev, E-40, Ludacris, & Snoop Dogg.  When I was into rap more, songs with guest appearances always appealed to me, so it's no surprise a song featuring so many badass musicians would entertain me.  I've always been a Snoop & Ludacris fan, Ludacris' album Red Light District remains as one of my favorite rap albums ever.  I haven't listened to a ton of E-40 in my life, but I really do dig his style and quite enjoy his verses in songs I've heard him in.  One wonderful aspect of this song is the hook, Dev does a fantastic job of singing it and with good headphones, it makes it all that much more impressive.  The opening lines belted by Dev hook you into the song right away, it makes it hard to skip past it.  To give you an idea of how much I loved this song today, it beat out All I Want by A Day to Remember for song of the day, a decision I ultimately made after listening to both songs back to back before writing this.
Song of the Day Tally:
Blink-182 - 11 (Kaleidoscope, Reckless Abandon, Love is Dangerous, After Midnight (3x), Feeling This, Wishing Well, Story of a Lonely Guy, I Miss You, Snake Charmer)
A Day to Remember - 8 (All I Want, All Signs Point to Lauderdale, It's Complicated, 2nd Sucks, Sticks & Bricks, If I Leave, You Had Me at Hello, Out of Time)
Say Anything - 8 (Admit It!!!, Do Better, Crush'd, Hate EveryoneDeath for My Birthday, A Walk Through Hell, Colorblind, Shiksa (Girlfriend))
The Lonely Island - 5 (Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde, Motherlover, The Creep, Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions, 3 Way (The Golden Rule)
All Time Low - 2 (Remembering Sunday, Painting Flowers)
Mayday Parade - 2 (Terrible Things, I Swear This Time I Mean It)
Simple Plan - 2 (When I'm Gone, Jet Lag)
Secondhand Serenade - 2 (Stranger, Your Call)
Sum 41 - 1 (With Me)
Rise Against - 1 (Architects)
Set Your Goals - 1 (Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On)
Halifax - 1 (Nightmare) 
Lights - 1 (Cactus in the Valley)
Madina Lake - 1 (Me vs. the World)
Four Year Strong - 1 (So Much for the Afterglow)
Boys Like Girls - 1 (Five Minutes to Midnight)
School Boy Humor - 1 (Camera Shy)
Armor For Sleep - 1 (Car Underwater)
Travis Barker - 1 (Knockin)
Marilyn Manson - 1 (This Is Halloween) 
The Ready Set - 1 (Airplanes)
Classified - 1 (That Ain't Classy)
Vegas Wake Up - 1 (Last Friday Night)
Downstait - 1 (I Came to Play)
Apocalyptica - 1 (I Don't Care)
T. Mills - 1 (Stupid Boy)

No comments:

Post a Comment