Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Song of the Day

     Oh hey, Say Anything just tied A Day To Remember on the song of the day tally.  Definitely one of my favorite Say Anything songs ever.  Shiksa (Girlfriend) is a song that will always be one of the best I've ever heard.  For fuck's sake, I have the word Shiksa written out on my backpack (well...it actually says Shiska but that's besides the point, that's a story for another time).  Not just a sappy love song full of staring deeply into each other's eyes.  It's raw, it's a truthful song about passion.  I remember it vividly love, I've been walking erect since the moment we met. This song has history with me and I love it all that much more for it.  When the album In Defense of the Genre came out, I listened to it constantly, but this was always the song that stood out to me.  I may not listen to it all the time, sometimes it's simply because it sparks so many memories and it's actually kind of intense for me, but I will always consider it to be 3 and a half minutes of pure unadulterated awesome.  It might be difficult some days, but I will forever be grateful for the fact that I have led a life where songs like this can not only amaze me in the sense that they're amazing songs, but the simple fact that it conjures up a million memories of the past, it just enhances it so much more.  It's one of those songs that make me smile and remember times past, but then also make me hopeful for the future.  Music can be more about just a simple combination of words and instruments, they can be a swirl of emotions tied together to create the best feeling in the world.  I also love the music video for this, so damn funny and cute.  I completely agree with what it displays as well, sometimes you can be leading the most awkward and nervous persona in the world, a simple kiss can change everything.  Call me sappy or weird, whatever, I know how strong emotions a kiss with the right person can create.  It's something I long for every day when I don't have it.  This is my type of love song.
Song of the Day Tally:
Blink-182 - 10 (Kaleidoscope, Reckless Abandon, Love is Dangerous, After Midnight (3x), Feeling This, Wishing Well, Story of a Lonely Guy, I Miss You)
A Day to Remember - 8 (All I Want, All Signs Point to Lauderdale, It's Complicated, 2nd Sucks, Sticks & Bricks, If I Leave, You Had Me at Hello, Out of Time)
Say Anything - 8 (Admit It!!!, Do Better, Crush'd, Hate EveryoneDeath for My Birthday, A Walk Through Hell, Colorblind, Shiksa (Girlfriend))
The Lonely Island - 4 (Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde, Motherlover, The Creep, Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions
All Time Low - 2 (Remembering Sunday, Painting Flowers)
Mayday Parade - 2 (Terrible Things, I Swear This Time I Mean It)
Secondhand Serenade - 2 (Stranger, Your Call)
Sum 41 - 1 (With Me)
Set Your Goals - 1 (Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On)
Simple Plan - 1 (When I'm Gone)
Halifax - 1 (Nightmare) 
Lights - 1 (Cactus in the Valley)
Madina Lake - 1 (Me vs. the World)
Four Year Strong - 1 (So Much for the Afterglow)
Boys Like Girls - 1 (Five Minutes to Midnight)
School Boy Humor - 1 (Camera Shy)
Armor For Sleep - 1 (Car Underwater)
Marilyn Manson - 1 (This Is Halloween) 
The Ready Set - 1 (Airplanes)
Classified - 1 (That Ain't Classy)
Vegas Wake Up - 1 (Last Friday Night)
Downstait - 1 (I Came to Play)

No comments:

Post a Comment