Thursday, November 3, 2011

Song of the Day

     I feel like today was a turning point.  I woke up and it was one of those days where the sun decided it wasn't going to be around, dark & gloomy all day.  You know the funny thing is, I love days like this.  I have a strong innate desire to be outside when it's a typical fall day.  Temperature in the high 40s/low 50s, leaves on the ground that I get to kick as I walk, windy so I have to have my hood up with my hoody & a pair of jeans...that's paradise to me.  Gone are the days of 80-95 degree weather with the sun blaring down on me.  No more shorts & a t-shirt.  For the next 5 months it's going to be nothing but hoodies, long sleeve shirts, & jeans for me, and I couldn't be happier about it.  November & December are beautiful times of the year, both with the weather and the atmosphere of the holiday season.  I love it.  It's relaxing and can really make for a great mood.  I'll take the long way home if I'm walking, just to enjoy the scenery around me a little more.  That's what I did today as I walked through the leaves on the ground while listening to my iPod.  One song that really stood out was Your Call by Secondhand Serenade.  Definitely one of those mushy love songs that I've come to enjoy.  Today was a day that I utilized the acoustic playlist on my iPod and this is one of my favorites.  I have a really strong sense of optimism lately, which is very rare for me, so I'm excited for what the future has in store.  I don't mean the future as in like 5 years from now, I mean simply the next two months.  I'm really excited, for a number of reasons.  It's another song that has a backstory, a history if you will, to it and sparks a million memories.  In a weird way, this soft and beautiful song pumps me up, it gets me nostalgic and hopeful, really love when a song can just take me over emotionally like this one.

Song of the Day Tally:
Blink-182 - 10 (Kaleidoscope, Reckless Abandon, Love is Dangerous, After Midnight (3x), Feeling This, Wishing Well, Story of a Lonely Guy, I Miss You)
A Day to Remember - 8 (All I Want, All Signs Point to Lauderdale, It's Complicated, 2nd Sucks, Sticks & Bricks, If I Leave, You Had Me at Hello, Out of Time)
Say Anything - 6 (Admit It!!!, Do Better, Crush'd, Hate EveryoneDeath for My Birthday, A Walk Through Hell)
All Time Low - 2 (Remembering Sunday, Painting Flowers)
Mayday Parade - 2 (Terrible Things, I Swear This Time I Mean It)
The Lonely Island - 2 (Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde, Motherlover
Secondhand Serenade - 2 (Stranger, Your Call)
Sum 41 - 1 (With Me)
Set Your Goals - 1 (Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On)
Simple Plan - 1 (When I'm Gone)
Halifax - 1 (Nightmare) 
Lights - 1 (Cactus in the Valley)
Madina Lake - 1 (Me vs. the World)
Four Year Strong - 1 (So Much for the Afterglow)
Boys Like Girls - 1 (Five Minutes to Midnight)
School Boy Humor - 1 (Camera Shy)
Armor For Sleep - 1 (Car Underwater)
Marilyn Manson - 1 (This Is Halloween) 
The Ready Set - 1 (Airplanes)
Vegas Wake Up - 1 (Last Friday Night)
Downstait - 1 (I Came to Play)

No comments:

Post a Comment