Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Song of the Day

     Apocalyptica is a very intriguing band to me.  They're definitely not a band you could consider to be a "Michael Ryne band" but I dig them.  They're a cello metal band that relies on the fact that they're badass at making some seriously beautiful instrumental music.  The band doesn't have a set singer, which is really kind of badass because that means their albums are filled with guest appearances from singers.  I Don't Care, today's song of the day, features the lead singer from Three Day Grace, which was one of my favorite bands all through high school.  It's one of the best "fuck you" songs I've ever heard and a song I have dedicated to someone, which still brings a smile to my face.  "If you could name one song that makes you think about me, what would it be, Mike?"  "Probably I Don't Care by Apocalyptica."  "Asshole!" Good times.
Song of the Day Tally:
Blink-182 - 10 (Kaleidoscope, Reckless Abandon, Love is Dangerous, After Midnight (3x), Feeling This, Wishing Well, Story of a Lonely Guy, I Miss You)
A Day to Remember - 8 (All I Want, All Signs Point to Lauderdale, It's Complicated, 2nd Sucks, Sticks & Bricks, If I Leave, You Had Me at Hello, Out of Time)
Say Anything - 8 (Admit It!!!, Do Better, Crush'd, Hate EveryoneDeath for My Birthday, A Walk Through Hell, Colorblind, Shiksa (Girlfriend))
The Lonely Island - 4 (Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde, Motherlover, The Creep, Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions
All Time Low - 2 (Remembering Sunday, Painting Flowers)
Mayday Parade - 2 (Terrible Things, I Swear This Time I Mean It)
Secondhand Serenade - 2 (Stranger, Your Call)
Sum 41 - 1 (With Me)
Set Your Goals - 1 (Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On)
Simple Plan - 1 (When I'm Gone)
Halifax - 1 (Nightmare) 
Lights - 1 (Cactus in the Valley)
Madina Lake - 1 (Me vs. the World)
Four Year Strong - 1 (So Much for the Afterglow)
Boys Like Girls - 1 (Five Minutes to Midnight)
School Boy Humor - 1 (Camera Shy)
Armor For Sleep - 1 (Car Underwater)
Marilyn Manson - 1 (This Is Halloween) 
The Ready Set - 1 (Airplanes)
Classified - 1 (That Ain't Classy)
Vegas Wake Up - 1 (Last Friday Night)
Downstait - 1 (I Came to Play)
Apocalyptica - 1 (I Don't Care)

No comments:

Post a Comment