Sunday, May 6, 2012

Song of the Day

This song epitomizes the point of my song of the day posts.  I fell asleep last night with my iPod on & this was the first song I had played.  A few hours later, while I woke up, this track was still going through my head.  There wasn't a moment at all during the day, especially when I was working, this song wasn't playing in my head.  I played it when I got home from work & it honestly felt like a drug addict who just got his first heroin hit in days.  I really really dig the style of music You, Me, and Everyone We Know makes & their lyrics are creative & entertaining.  It's a joy to listen to them, for me.  Carolina Heat, especially, is one of those songs that I love the lyrics to & can't help but to connect to what I'm listening to.  I have REALLY been into them lately, wouldn't be surprised if they garnered a few more tallies in the future.  It's safe to say I'm hooked.

If I may go on a personal diatribe, there's a lyric in this song I Tweeted earlier that I adore.  Your skin was appealing wallpaper, now your skin is just peeling wallpaper.  It is a perfect metaphor for how I feel lately.  Do not get it twisted here, I am not some lonely depressed person yearning for what has been lost.  Quite the opposite.  I am simply just pissed off at everything & sick of having people in my life who lie to me, deceive me, & think I'm oblivious to everything.  I have been doing quite alright lately but a text message from someone the other day really sparked this.  Here's a protip, I am spectacular at finding things out.  You know what I'd kill for right now?  Someone in my life who wasn't a perennial disappointment and could actually prove to me that they're worth while.  I am really starting to lose space on my back, so the whole stabbing me there thing can stop anytime now.  I just love that I live in a world where I'm not even allowed to open up like this, because God forbid the dude who holds everything in actually speaks his mind.  Ah well, let's go back to listening to music, shall we?  Because when there's no one there to hear you, the music will listen.


1st tally for You, Me, and Everyone We Know, 1st tally for Carolina Heat

Carolina Heat - You, Me, and Everyone We Know

No comments:

Post a Comment