Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Random Review (Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter)

You know what I love most about this movie?  There were, like, four or five more Friday the 13th movies made after this one.  So much for the final chapter, huh?  This is my second Random Review for a Friday the 13th movie, the last one was the movie that came after this one.  So, I kind of did it a bit backwards, I suppose.  Blame the randomness!

If this is your first Random Review and you're wondering what the fuck I'm doing, I just randomized my DVD collection and decided for shits and giggles, I would watch each one and review it.


File:Friday the 13th part 4.jpg
I feel like I could just copy and paste any review/plot summary of any Friday the 13th movie and be fine with it.  They're all basically the same movie, except for minor tweaks here and there.  They're movies made for people like me, people who simply enjoy seeing Jason kick some ass and kill some people.  The hockey mask is iconic and who doesn't want to be Jason for Halloween, at least one year?  I've got a Jason mask sitting in my room right now.  It also glows in the dark.  Sup, ladies.

Let's see, uh, what happens in this movie?  Jason, well, he is back again.  He, uh, wants to kill some teenagers who are hanging around his 'hood.  A bunch of teenagers moved into a cabin near the camp and are located next door to a family.  A mom, daughter, and son seem to be the central characters, well, at least the sister and brother.  Mom gets axed.  The little boy ends up being a vocal point of the series in this portion of the franchise, his name is Tommy Jarvis and he is played by one and only Corey Feldman.  Isn't he dead or was it the other one?  I thought he died.  Google search says he didn't.  Good for him.

If it seems like I'm rambling, I apologize.  Truth is, there's not much to say about this movie.  Jason kills everyone and then little Corey saves the day and "kills" Jason.  He shaves his head to make him look like a young Jason.  It's a very pecuilar moment as Jason is getting his shit rocked by lil' shaved head Feldman who is yelling "DIE!" over and over again.

Would I suggest this movie to anyone who isn't a big fan of the series or genre?  Probably not.  It's a movie, like I said, fans will enjoy, but it's easy to see its many flaws.  It's fun to watch Jason, the legend, do his thing.  I'm actually quite happy this wasn't the last Jason movie made, because it would have ended on a very low point.  If you're going to watch Friday the 13th movies for storylines and character development, you're gonna have a bad time.

My Rating - 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment