Saturday, November 3, 2012

Songs of the Week

It wasn't until late Thursday night that I decided to do this post.  Really had no intentions of doing it again, but a late night in a situation that I'm all too familiar with arose.  80 GB iPod's battery being slowly drained as I listen to song after song.  I'm able to chill out and escape from everything for a little while when I lay down with my headphones on.  I've never been so good at turning off my brain, but keeping it occupied with music has always done the trick for me.


51st tally for Blink-182, 2nd tally for Even If She Falls

Even If She Falls - Blink-182
It's driving you mad, even if she falls in love.

52nd tally for Blink-182, 3rd tally for Love Is Dangerous

Love Is Dangerous - Blink-182
My heart's sinking and stuck in deadly rhythm.  I can't fake it, I can't, can't brush it off.  Love, love is dangerous.

4th tally for Jimmy Eat World, 2nd tally for Hear You Me

Hear You Me - Jimmy Eat World
What would you think of me now?  So lucky, so strong, so proud.  I never said thank you for that.  Now, I'll never have a chance.  May angels lead you in.  Hear you me, my friends.

4th tally for Set Your Goals, 3rd tally for Our Ethos: A Legacy To Pass On

Our Ethos: A Legacy To Pass On - Set Your Goals
When there's no one there to hear you, the music will listen.  And when there's no one there to tell, the words will write themselves.

9th tally for New Found Glory, 2nd tally for Your Biggest Mistake

Your Biggest Mistake - New Found Glory
Your life is a time-bomb set to explode.  You talk out your ass and everyone knows.  For once, you should listen or care what I think or I'll be gone before you can blink.

5th tally for Jack's Mannequin, 3rd tally for I'm Ready

I'm Ready - Jack's Mannequin
My life has become a boring pop song and everyone is singing along.

14th tally for Childish Gambino, 4th tally for Not Going Back

Not Going Back - Childish Gambino
I refuse to go back to not liking who I was.

5th tally for Good Charlotte, 1st tally for Thank You Mom

Thank You Mom - Good Charlotte
Always and forever.

3rd tally for Coldplay, 2nd tally for Fix You

Fix You - Coldplay
When you try your best but you don't succeed. When you get what you want but not what you need. When you feel so tired but you can't sleep. Stuck in reverse. And the tears come streaming down your face. When you lose something you can't replace. When you love someone but it goes to waste. Could it be worse? Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you.

6th tally for Four Year Strong, 4th tally for Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan - Four Year Strong
You're becoming what I hated, close-minded and jaded about what isn't yours.  My life, my hopes, my dreams. Looking out for me 'cause I know it's only a matter of time before my luck runs out. 'Cause I know it's only a matter of luck before my time runs out. So, I'll live each day like it's my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment