Saturday, November 17, 2012

Songs of the Week

Angels & Airwaves fucking dominated my life the past few days.  Tom DeLonge's voice just has a way of making life seem less hectic, I guess.


2nd tally for Motion City Soundtrack, 2nd tally for The Future Freaks Me Out

The Future Freaks Me Out - Motion City Soundtrack
Betty, I need you. I miss you. I'm so alone without you to call up on the weekends with my cellular phone. Betty, it's so hard to relate to the whole human race. I don't know where to begin, I don't know where to begin. If we can both find a way to do the things that we say, we might not sit in our rooms and drink our daydreams away. Betty, I'm a dreamer. I'm not a vicious schemer. Oh, Betty, won't you - ah, fuck it.

4th tally for Jay-Z and Kanye West, 2nd tally for HAM

HAM - Jay-Z and Kanye West
I'm about to go HAM. Hard as a motherfucker...these...am.

1st tally for Jonathan Coulton, 1st tally for Re: Your Brains

Re: Your Brains - Jonathan Coulton
All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean, no one's gonna eat your eyes.

1st tally for Rob Zombie, 1st tally for Living Dead Girl

Living Dead Girl - Rob Zombie
I don't understand a single lyric to this song.  I just like it.

1st tally for LMFAO, 1st tally for Party Rock

Party Rock - LOL
Party rock is in the house tonight.  Something something have a real good time.

7th tally for Jack's Mannequin, 1st tally for La La Lie

La La Lie - Jack's Mannequin
Guess what, I'm done writing you songs. You'll give up your job at the bank, proving money's not fun when you're gone. So, this is the first verse, it's not very long but I'm ready to move on. Guess what, I'm done writing your book. The ending got twisted around but for all the hell that it took. The electrical wires, they'll hum in the walls in the room that I rent now without you. I've got friends who la la lie.

41st tally for A Day to Remember, 7th tally for Better Off This Way

Better Off This Way - A Day to Remember
My whole life's spent waiting, ever since I can remember been anticipating your fall and God let it be a long one. Can't let go of my grudge 'til I know you're done. When you fall I'll be the only one who looks away. When you call I'll be the first to tell you I can't stay.

53rd tally for Blink-182, 2nd tally for Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon - Blink-182
On and on, reckless abandon. Something's wrong, this is gonna shock them. Nothing to hold on to. We'll use this song to lead you on and break the truth with more bad news. We left a scar size - extra large.

15th tally for Childish Gambino, 5th tally for Not Going Back

Not Going Back - Childish Gambino
I refuse to go back to not liking who I was.

11th tally for The Lonely Island, 2nd tally for 3 Way (The Golden Rule)

3 Way (The Golden Rule) - The Lonely Island
It's not gay when it's in a 3 way. With a honey in the middle there's some leeway.

4th tally for Powerspace, 4th tally for Sleep, Everyone...

Sleep, Everyone... - Powerspace
With so little sleep, at least you'd think I'd find some peace in my dreams, in my dreams. But, my mind still winds up on the same thing. The same scene. The same themes. 'Cause it's all stuck in my subconscious, built up from every day. So, I'm stuck with these nightmares where you're gone and so far away. And when I wake up, I realize that everything's still wrong. I'm still here and you're still gone. It's not fair. 'Cause either way I spin it, separation seems so wrong. These breaks are far too long for me.

28th tally for Say Anything, 2nd tally for Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too

Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too - Say Anything
Know that you will be my downfall, but I call and I call and I call.

5th tally for Angels & Airwaves, 2nd tally for The Adventure

The Adventure - Angels & Airwaves
I wanna have the same last dream again. The one where I wake up and I'm alive.

6th tally for Angels & Airwaves, 1st tally for Everything's Magic

Everything's Magic - Angels & Airwaves
Do you ever feel like you're alone? And do you ever wish you'd be unknown? I can say that I have, I can say that I have. And do you ever feel things here aren't right? And do you ever feel the time slip by. I can say that I have.

7th tally for Angels & Airwaves, 1st tally for Surrender

Surrender - Angels & Airwaves
There is a place to hide. It's in our minds, it's in the dark. It's well known that we have a fragile heart. It's deep inside, it has a sound that you can follow. You feel like you hit a wall, but you survive. And it was hard for you to swallow, I've been to that place before. In spite of luck, when you awake, a new tomorrow  I, I will not surrender.

8th tally for Angels & Airwaves, 1st tally for Distraction

Distraction - Angels & Airwaves
I'll be your distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment