Saturday, December 22, 2012

Songs of the Week

Every week I go back and forth on whether or not I'm gonna do this.  Late Tuesday night was the day I decided I'd go ahead and start posting it.  If there's ever a week where music doesn't supremely help me out then I guess that's when I'll stop.  Somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen.  Everyone would hate me if I didn't have music.  I'd be one emotional prick.


6th tally for Bo Burnham, 1st tally for Art Is Dead

Art Is Dead - Bo Burnham
My drug's attention.  I am an addict.

63rd tally for Blink-182, 1st tally for MH 4.18.2011

MH 4.18.2011 - Blink-182
Hold strong when everything you loved is gone.

64th tally for Blink-182, 1st tally for Pretty Little Girl

Pretty Little Girl - Blink-182
I'm raising my voice, you raise it up more. We forget that our lives have been apart, it is hard. We thought we are close, but it still feels far. And we learn to get by if we learn to have scars. We learn to forgive and accept who we are. You said if you break my heart then I'll change your mind. And I'll do it again. If you play the part then I will play mine. And I'll do it again. If we miss the mark, if we hold on tight. We'll be there to do it again.

4th tally for Zebrahead, 1st tally for Girlfriend

Girlfriend - Zebrahead
I like that this song gives me an excuse to sing 'Girlfriend.'

5th tally for Zebrahead, 1st tally for All I Want For Christmas

All I Want For Christmas - Zebrahead
I guess this is my unofficial Christmas songs week.

1st tally for The Audition, 1st tally for Basbhat

Basbhat - The Audition
(No Youtube video for the song)
http://picosong.com/3uyy/
I've been misguided by you, I've been mistreated too. If you think I'm gonna take it, no. Thought you had me tied up by a string. On the side, something I've been wanting. Said you're leaving, but to my defense, I was never alone. And I won't ever let this go. This is the path, the life I chose.

2nd tally for The Audition, 1st tally for Let Me Know

Let Me Know - The Audition
If we're gonna make it, please, you gotta let me know, know. 'Cause I'm gonna take it as far as you're willing to go, go. And why can't we just meet in the middle?

1st tally for Fun., 1st tally for Some Nights

Some Nights - Fun.
Some nights, I wish that this all would end 'cause I could use some friends for a change. And some nights, I'm scared you'll forget me again. Some nights, I always win, I always win. But, I still wake up, I still see your ghost. Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for. What do I stand for? What do I stand for? Most nights, I don't know. So, this is it? I sold my soul for this? Washed my hands of that for this? I miss my mom and dad for this? No, when I see stars, when I see, when I see stars, that's all they are. When I hear songs, they sound like this one, so come on. Well, that is it, guys, that is all. Five minutes in and I'm bored again. Ten years of this, I'm not sure if anybody understands. This one is not for the folks at home. Sorry to leave, mom, I had to go. Who the fuck wants to die alone all dried up in the desert sun?

6th tally for The Used, 1st tally for Alone This Holiday

Alone This Holiday - The Used
Maybe light a candle. Don't say a prayer for me. Feel alone, 'cause I'm gone.

43rd tally for All Time Low, 5th tally for Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass - All Time Low
So sick of calling. You won't telephone me. No, fuck you girl, I'm going out. I gave you my all, but our love hit a wall. Now, I'm jingle bell'ing and everyone's yelling. We'll drink 'til the bars shut us down. Ain't that just what Christmas is all about? And I hope you're happy with yourself, 'cause I'm not laughing. Don't you think it's so damn trashy what you did this holiday? I gave you my heart, you ripped it apart like the wrapping paper trash. So, I wrote you a song, hope that you sing-along. Here it goes. Merry Christmas, bitch, kiss my ass.

14th tally for Sugarcult, 1st tally for Crashing Down

Crashing Down - Sugarcult
I've got nothing that I hide except for what's inside. I keep it all locked up in this prison we call love. I'm suffocating. We come crashing down every time we go this far again. We come tumbling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment