Saturday, December 15, 2012

Songs of the Week

I cannot even begin to describe the amount of music I listened to this week.  The All-American Rejects, Fall Out Boy and Paramore?  This is what happens when you're re-stocking your iTunes, apparently you have nostalgiagasms when you come across the music you used to listen to in high school.


1st tally for Fireworks, 1st tally for Detroit

Detroit - Fireworks
We pray for the worst things. Making presidential threats when the phone would ring to prove no one in the sky or behind the lines cares we're alive. Over-thinking again.

4th tally for The All-American Rejects, 1st tally for Her Name Rhymes With Mindy

Her Name Rhymes With Mindy - The All-American Rejects
I wrote this song to get you out of my mind but since I did, I think about you all the time. This is for the girl who defines beauty.

62nd tally for Blink-182, 1st tally for Boxing Day

Boxing Day - Blink-182
I'm empty like the day after Christmas.

15th tally for Brand New, 1st tally for The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot

The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot - Brand New
It hurts to hold on but it's missed when it's gone.  Call me a safe bet.  I'm betting I'm not.

1st tally for Shiny Toy Guns, 1st tally for Finale/Reprise

Finale/Reprise - Shiny Toy Guns
My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side where we can gaze into the stars and sit together now and forever.  For it is plain as anyone can see, we're simply meant to be.

1st tally for Dropkick Murphys, 1st tally for I'm Shipping Up To Boston

I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys
This song is about a pirate going to Boston or something.  I already went through my Johnny Depp phase five or six years ago.  Sorry.

1st tally for Paramore, 1st tally for Emergency

Emergency - Paramore
I used to have a thing for Hayley.

2nd tally for Paramore, 1st tally for Misery Business

Misery Business - Paramore
I still kind of have a thing for Hayley.

42nd tally for All Time Low, 1st tally for Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Coffee Shop Soundtrack - All Time Low
I can keep a secret if you can keep me guessing. The flavor of your lips is enough to keep me here.

33rd tally for Say Anything, 1st tally for Skinny, Mean Man

Skinny, Mean Man - Say Anything
On your knees in his downtrodden shit-eating grin of a room. If only you'd meet me here soon. If only you'd start breathing, I'd court you exclusively.

5th tally for Fall Out Boy, 2nd tally for Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy

Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy - Fall Out Boy
You need him, I could be him. I could be an accident, but I'm still trying. That's more than I can say for him. Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman. Maybe, he won't find out what I know. You were the last good thing about this part of town

No comments:

Post a Comment