Friday, June 1, 2012

Song of the Day

Having another one of those epiphany type nights, if you will.  I tend to have a lot of these, pretty sure it has gotten to the point where they're no longer special.  I think I'm just finally figuring out who I am after a year where I was completely lost.  I always said I wished I was an asshole, but that was anger and pain talking.  The truth is, I'm not really thrilled with being the typical nice guy, but I don't want to be an asshole either.  I think you can be a decent person without going out of your way to be nice or overly supportive for people.  I guess what I'm saying is that I am getting more and more comfortable with the idea of just looking out for myself and if I feel like it, should the situation present itself, then I can go out of my way to be nice if I feel like it's appropriate.  We'll see how that goes, God knows I'm flakey when it comes to personal changes.  I just feel like I've done so much for people in my life and a lot of times (not EVERY time) I'm left feeling like I didn't get much in return from them.  Perhaps that's a selfish way of looking at things, obviously you should do nice things for people not for the personal gain, but because you want to, but I guess we all have our flaws.  Anyway, Better Off This Way by A Day to Remember is the song of the day.  Probably one of my favorite set of lyrics for any song.


28th tally for A Day to Remember, 4th tally for Better Off This Way

Better Off This Way - A Day to Remember
You know I'd rather say nothing and just be proud of myself for tearing down these walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment