Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Song of the Day

     Let's see, there was class in the morning which was followed by going out to breakfast with the most wonderful girl named Maggie, then going to the mall and buying some Christmas presents (and a couple things for myself, of course), accompanied by going back to my house to watch some movies & play a little PS3 (losing to Maggie in the NHL game will forever haunt me), mix in the fact that I had work which was immediately followed by going to see The Muppets (fucking phenomenal, go see it if you haven't already) and then a nightcap at my house all comes out to equal no song of the day posted yesterday.  But fear not!  I am here to make up for it and proclaim to the world that Fall Back Down by Lights was the song of the day.  You see, there are many factors that go into making a song of the day.  What song did I listen to on the way to class?  What about on the way home from class?  Perhaps a song accompanying a movie or TV show I'm watching, or maybe it's driving around with Maggie all day and listening to her CDs that influence it.  That was definitely the case as Maggie is a huge Lights fan.  She & her friend are going to be performing this song next semester at her school, I just know that's going to be a fantastic show, so excited for her.  This song is actually a cover Lights did, of a Rancid song.  I think she did a great job, really making it her own.  And gosh darnit, Lights sure is pretty.  That really has no segway and I just kind of tossed it in there, but it needed to be said.
Song of the Day Tally:
Blink-182 - 12 (Kaleidoscope, Reckless Abandon, Love is Dangerous, After Midnight (3x), Feeling This, Wishing Well, Story of a Lonely Guy, I Miss You, Snake Charmer, Online Songs)
A Day to Remember - 9 (All I Want, All Signs Point to Lauderdale, It's Complicated (2x), 2nd Sucks, Sticks & Bricks, If I Leave, You Had Me at Hello, Out of Time)
Say Anything - 9 (Admit It!!!, Do Better, Crush'd, Hate EveryoneDeath for My Birthday, A Walk Through Hell, Colorblind, Shiksa (Girlfriend), Died a Jew)
The Lonely Island - 5 (Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde, Motherlover, The Creep, Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions, 3 Way (The Golden Rule))
Mayday Parade - 3 (Terrible Things, I Swear, This Time I Mean It (2x))
Secondhand Serenade - 3 (Stranger (2x), Your Call)
All Time Low - 2 (Remembering Sunday, Painting Flowers)
Simple Plan - 2 (When I'm Gone, Jet Lag)
Hot Chelle Rae - 2 (Tonight Tonight (2x))
Travis Barker - 2 (Knockin, Raw Shit)
Lights - 2 (Cactus in the Valley, Fall Back Down)
Sum 41 - 1 (With Me)
Sugarcult - 1 (Stuck in America)
The All-American Rejects - 1 (I Wanna)
Rise Against - 1 (Architects)
Set Your Goals - 1 (Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On)
The Ataris - 1 (In This Diary)
Halifax - 1 (Nightmare) 
Plain White T's - 1 (Fireworks)
The Starting Line - 1 (Ready)
Madina Lake - 1 (Me vs. the World)
Four Year Strong - 1 (So Much for the Afterglow)
Boys Like Girls - 1 (Five Minutes to Midnight)
School Boy Humor - 1 (Camera Shy)
This Providence - 1 (Wolf in Sheep's Clothing)
Armor For Sleep - 1 (Car Underwater)
Marilyn Manson - 1 (This is Halloween) 
The Ready Set - 1 (Airplanes)
Classified - 1 (That Ain't Classy)
Vegas Wake Up - 1 (Last Friday Night)
Downstait - 1 (I Came to Play)
Apocalyptica - 1 (I Don't Care)
Christina Perri - 1 (Jar of Hearts)
Woe, Is Me - 1 (Hot n Cold)
T. Mills - 1 (Stupid Boy)
Skillet - 1 (Hero)
Natasha Bedingfield - 1 (Pocket Full of Sunshine)
Living Colour - 1 (Cult of Personality)

No comments:

Post a Comment