Sunday, January 15, 2012

This Is Only A Blog Post Because It Would Have Been Too Long As A Tweet

     How about that title, eh?  Catchy as shit.  Long story short, I wanted to express something that hit my mind just now and it would have been too long of a Tweet, even with Tweet Longer.  This should be a short blog post, I hope.  My fingers have a mind of their own sometimes ;) (that was a wink for the ladies, not the dudes.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, just exit only on Michael Ryne) Okay, where was I?  AH, RIGHT!  My epiphany.  2011 was a tough...a REALLY tough year for me and yet, I feel stronger.  2012 is gonna be a year of personal growth for me.  Gone are the days of neurotic Michael Ryne, the days where I speak in 3rd person are gone too...possibly.  Maybe all the days where I forced myself to take care of myself have finally paid off, who knows?  I just get this feeling like, if I may pull out my inner nerd, that I leveled up, ya' know?  I reached a new plateau and I'm excited for the future.  I really improved myself as of late and I'm ready to keep that going.  Gone are the days of regression, that bullshit is in the past.  I'm finally becoming the person I want to be and continue to be as I grow.  I don't feel scared anymore.  I feel ready.  Bring it on, world, because I've taken plenty of your shit and I'm still standing.  There's only so many times you can bitch and moan about everything in your life incessantly.  I'm not saying I won't have some crappy days, I'm just saying that I will no longer let those days define me as a person.  You may be asking yourself why I would post the song Dammit by Blink-182 as the video accompanying this post considering the content of the lyrics.  Well, let me tell you before you judge, asshole!  (I'm just kidding, I love my readers.  All 3 of you.....hi mom) This isn't a case where I'm going to post a bunch of paragraphs of lyrics and I'll leave it all to you to decipher as to who I'm referring to.  The ONLY person these lyrics pertain to are myself.  There's one line repeated over & over, Well I guess this is growing up.  I feel like, for the first time in my life...I'm growing up.  All my life I've felt life pass me by and I wondered where the time went and when everyone passed me up.  Not anymore.  I'm catching up & I'm controlling my life now...and I'm fucking ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment