Sunday, October 14, 2012

Songs of the Week

I haven't got a clue why there's so much rap this week, but I guess that's how it works out sometimes.  Very interesting week, tons of reflecting upon stuff like I'm prone to do.  Fairweather Fan has quickly become a go to song for my bonding time with my iPod.  And back-to-back weeks featuring Green Day, which I'm happy to see from an old favorite of mine.  Jay-Z, Brand New, All Time Low, Four Year Strong, Green Day, Kanye West, Troop 41, Against Me!, Mayday Parade, and Kid Cudi all in one week.  Yep, I'm totez normal.


20th tally for Mayday Parade, 1st tally for Get Up

Get Up - Mayday Parade
I can't get Chicago off my mind.

24th tally for All Time Low, 1st tally for The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver

The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver - All Time Low
Stop fucking around with my emotions.  I like you better when you're numb.  I'm sick and tired of false devotion.  Devote yourself to moving on or suck it up and let it go.  But, you're always out to get me.  You're the snake hidden in my daffodils when I'm picking flowers.  That's just my luck these days.  Why can't you just be happy for me?  You're the break lines failing as my car swerves off the freeway, it kind of feels like sabotage.

12th tally for Brand New, 1st tally for Mixtape

 Mixtape - Brand New
When I say let's keep in touch, I really mean I wish that you'd grow up.  This is the first song for your mixtape, it's short just like your temper, but somewhat golden like the afternoons we used to spend before you got too cool.

13th tally for Brand New, 1st tally for Failure by Design

Failure by Design - Brand New
I walk myself picking at the chip on my shoulder.  I'm another day late and one year older.  It's failure by design.

5th tally for Four Year Strong, 3rd tally for Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan - Four Year Strong
I know it's only a matter of time before my luck runs out, 'cause I know it's only a matter of luck before my time runs out.

1st tally for Kid Cudi, 1st tally for Pursuit of Happiness

Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold.  I'll be fine, once I get it, I'll be good.

3rd tally for Jay-Z and Kanye West, 1st tally for H•A•M

H•A•M - Jay-Z and Kanye West
Fuck y'all mad at me for?  You don't even know what I've been through.  I play chicken with a Mac truck.  Y'all motherfuckers woulda been moved.  I swam waters with great whites, y'all motherfuckers woulda been chewed.  I hustle with vultures late nights, y'all motherfuckers woulda been food.

10th tally for Green Day, 1st tally for Kill the DJ

Kill the DJ - Green Day
Someone kill the DJ, shoot the fucking DJ.  Hold him underwater until the motherfucker drowns.

1st tally for Troop 41, 1st tally for Do the John Wall

Do the John Wall - Troop 41
Everybody do the John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall, John Wall.

1st tally for Against Me!, 1st tally for I Was a Teenage Anarchist

I Was a Teenage Anarchist - Against Me!
Do you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?

No comments:

Post a Comment